Jobs as an undergrad.

Besides an SLPA, of course. They don't really use SLPA's in my area so is there any other job I could do as an undegrad that would improve my application? I plan on starting my volunteering soon and working with kids (not speech related). Does it really matter what job you had in UG as long as you have good grades, GRE, and volunteering? Or does working in any type of healthcare give you an edge?

I found it helpful to have experience working in a group home. I do weekly speech exercises with a couple clients at my job. Not only has my job been fun, but I also gained experience working with individuals with a variety of disorders (cerebral palsy, fetal alcohol syndrome, Down Syndrome, to name a few). All of the residents where I work have communication deficits, as do many at most group homes. 

I think that healthcare experience is always beneficial. After all, SLP is a helping profession. Things that show you are a people person/caring reflect positively. Heck, there are many things you can spin in a positive light. Even being an effective communicator in customer service and positive traits you gained from other jobs can look good. It's all about how you market your skills.