GRE Math & Documented Learning Disability

S'mores Coffee

Hello, everyone. I searched online and within these forums, but I was unable to locate clear/helpful information.

I was diagnosed with a math disorder that is so bad that my college math credits were waived and substituted with other courses. From what I have read online, I don't think I can be excused from the math portion of the GRE. One of the programs I am considering applying to requires GRE scores if the applicant would like assistance with funding. I am really concerned because I don't know if I will be able to do ANY of the math on the test. Is scratch paper and a calculator really the only accommodations they will provide for me? Having those additional materials will not improve my score  :/ If anyone can direct me to information or a possible solution to this problem, please let me know, thank you :)

Hi S'mores Coffee,

If your situation has been diagnosed/documented going back many years, then there might be some special accommodations available to you. You'll likely have to reach out directly to ETS to ask your questions. 

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

Unless your programs specifically require math courses, I wouldn't mention it on your applications. They will throw away your application, gobble up your fee, and take someone else. There are other fish in the sea.

Without more specific details, there's not much other actionable advice I could give.

Unless your programs specifically require math courses, I wouldn't mention it on your applications. They will throw away your application, gobble up your fee, and take someone else. There are other fish in the sea.

Without more specific details, there's not much other actionable advice I could give.

It could provide explanation for the GRE quant score, and if math is not required for the program, they shouldn't care too much. I definitely think it should be mentioned on applications (as a side note, don't make a big deal about it).