I am interested in computer vision and robotics. What range of schools with my stats should I apply to?

exe163

Hello all,

I am considering applying for PhD in CS this year and I was hoping to get an idea on which schools I should apply to if I want a realistic chance of getting into in (fit and safety schools). I know there are a lot of factors into PhD admission decisions. I just want to get a general sense in terms of what range and tiers of schools I have a realistic chance of getting accepted to so I can diversify my applications. 

I just finished my first year of Master's degree. And here are my current stats:

M.S. GPA: ~3.6 (at a top 10 CS program)

B.S. GPA: ~3.7 (at a top 20 college, though in ECE)

GRE: Q 166 V 154 W 3.5 (could be better, but I really don't want to take the time to study for it again and retake it if I don't have to)

Publications: I co-authored 2 robotics papers (where I am the second and third author) at major conferences. Though they are not directly related to computer vision, but still under the greater umbrella of AI)

Experience: I spent two summers during undergrad working with Prof at my school. I am current doing an internship at Lincoln Laboratory. 

Recommendations: I can probably get three decent recs from people I have done research with. Though, I don't think they are very well known. 

Thanks for any input!

From what I know:

University of Michigan's ECE, Purdue's CompE track within ECE, and Ohio State's ECE and CSE (both departments; ECE offers CV + image processing and robotics + intelligent transportation; CSE offers CV and machine learning)

No offense, but if you just went through this thing last year with the Master's stuff, shouldn't you have some idea?

Actually at the time I didn't really know what I was doing and it didn't work out that well. When I was applying two years ago I had little experience in research. Hence, I am doing my Master's now to gain more experience. 

From what I know:

University of Michigan's ECE, Purdue's CompE track within ECE, and Ohio State's ECE and CSE (both departments; ECE offers CV + image processing and robotics + intelligent transportation; CSE offers CV and machine learning)

Thanks, I will definitely look into these. I am actually not that familiar with ECE side of CV and will definitely look into the programs you mentioned. 

What range of schools (in terms of ranking for example) do you think I have a decent shot at? Once I have a good idea of what my background qualifies me for, then I can start better researching PI's that align with my research interests.