Applying with middling gpa

Ahahn000

My GPA IS AROUND 3.3, GRE q=161 v=165 r= 5.0. Research is a total of two years in undergrad in a well known lab, one paper will be published by the time of application. And I have great LORs lined up. I'm applying to...CUNY graduate center, NYU, Rutgers Newark, Fordham, Weill Cornell, Fordham, Drexel, OHSU, Columbia, Penn State, Georgetown, UCSC, PDX, UCB, SUNY downstate.

Does anyone have advice on some I should cut or add to this list?

Nobody can tell you if you should cut down programs. Just be warned that applying to that many programs will be an expensive endeavor. Make sure that you have at least 3-5 PI's at each institute you're applying. If you don't have at least this minimum, I would advise against applying to the program. Your profile seems decent so you should be able to do well in the application cycle.

What is your science GPA? Last 60 unit GPA? I went in at the same overall GPA of a 3.3, but my last 60 was about a 3.7. Kind of hard to give advice about certain schools if we don't know what your research interests are.

It seems like my last 60 is around a 3.5 and major GPA is a 3.5 as well. My interests are divided into microbiology (bacterial genetics) and cancer biology (liposomes/ exosomes/p53) I guess what I'm hoping to glean from the tread is wether or not I am shooting too high or too low in instances. I would like to apply to atoll of about 6-7 schools. I want to apply to the right 6-7 schools. Currently penn state has my attention the most followed by Rutgers, NYU, OHSU, UCSC, etc...with SUNY downstate and Fordham as backups.

From what you've stated it sounds like you have a very strong application. All of the schools you mention should be within reach. I would just make sure that your personal statement is strong, get it revised by your PI and you should be good. Also make sure that you can explain your research well, this is important for your research summary and interviews. I know OHSU can be difficult to get into, not to mention Portland is a straight up weird place. I'm actually going to Drexel in the fall so I would assume you have a pretty good chance of getting in.