UCLA MSW Fall 2016 Applicant

Jen B

@Lorie I was under the impression that once the office reviewed our FAFSA, etc. they could award us a need-based scholarship. I don't the 2k was referring to a scholarship we apply for. I may be wrong, but that was my understanding. The list of scholarships are additional. I'm also having a hard time finding anything I"m eligible for. Have you looked through this site: http://socialworklicensemap.com/become-a-social-worker/social-work-scholarships/

• 3 months later...

I'm wondering what the low end or average GPA being accepted into the MSW program is for UCLA. I'm going to apply in the future, I'm researching what to expect, how I can optimize my chances. Now I'll aim to get straight As, and I pulled that off at the CC I just transferred from, but not sure if I'll get those same marks or not at UCI. I'm going to do my best, and I hope I do better than expected. I'm also on a very tight budget and want to do this as low cost as possible. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, and congrats to you new Bruins!

Edited by BackNSchool83

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2016 at 6:06 PM, MrsKozee said:

I just got an email from the Social Welfare and Graduate Division ; I was offered the Graduate Opportunity Fellowship!! I can't believe it!!! I am so honored!!!

good things are coming you guys, be ready!!

Hi! I just received my admissions to UCLA's MSW Program for Fall 2017! I applied for the fellowship as well. Do the admissions and fellowship decisions come together in an email or separate? UCLA is my top school, but would only be possible with financial support. Thanks in advance! 

On 2/26/2017 at 8:13 PM, hollyg5 said:

Hi! I just received my admissions to UCLA's MSW Program for Fall 2017! I applied for the fellowship as well. Do the admissions and fellowship decisions come together in an email or separate? UCLA is my top school, but would only be possible with financial support. Thanks in advance! 

Congrats! I'm also waiting to find out about the fellowship. Can you please let me know if you get an email? I'm so anxious! 

• 1 month later...

Congrats to all of you that got accepted!!! Don't forget to start up a Facebook page so that all of you can keep in touch and share information!! Something like UCLA MSW 2019.... 

Also, ask to join the 2018 and 2017 pages... 

It will be VERY helpful as well!!!  Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be a good alternative to asking questions on here because I don't think any of us check this forum anymore.. 

Elise 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I am planning on making a Facebook page. If anyone can provide an email address, or username- I just need to add one person to establish the group, that would be really helpful.