UCLA MSW Fall 2016 Applicant

Jen B

5 minutes ago, MrsKozee said:

I just got an email from the Social Welfare and Graduate Division ; I was offered the Graduate Opportunity Fellowship!! I can't believe it!!! I am so honored!!!

good things are coming you guys, be ready!!

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! You deserve it :)

You guys I just called Tiffany the admissions lady and she said that theyre sending them out continuously as we speak and to keep checking our emails !!!!

so nervous has anyone heard anything???

It's 9AM there, so I'm going to wait for them to wake up a bit before expecting any news to drop.

Or y'know, we'll probably just be waiting another week.

Has anyone heard any news?

I feel like its getting sooooo late! based on last few threads lots of people found out in February =/ getting impatient 

Nope.  I thought when you called last week they told you a new batch of acceptances would be sent out in two weeks?

I looked at the results for prior years and a lot of decisions went out during the second week of March, lots of March 10, 11, and 12 dates.

Edited by anony2888

Hey you guys, go check the grad status link.  I didn't receive an email but have been excessively checking it anyway....my 15th try today it says I was accepted with a link to the acceptance letter.   Yay!!!  Now to make the choice between doing the Advanced Standing in 1 year at CSULB and doing the UCLA 2 year.  I really want to do UCLA but there are big costs to that extra year, especially as an older student.  Does anyone know if there will be more scholarship opportunities?  I think I will call the school....

31 minutes ago, Lorie said:

Hey you guys, go check the grad status link.  I didn't receive an email but have been excessively checking it anyway....my 15th try today it says I was accepted with a link to the acceptance letter.   Yay!!!  Now to make the choice between doing the Advanced Standing in 1 year at CSULB and doing the UCLA 2 year.  I really want to do UCLA but there are big costs to that extra year, especially as an older student.  Does anyone know if there will be more scholarship opportunities?  I think I will call the school....

Congrats Lorie!!!! I wish you the best of luck with your acceptabce decision!! Hope to see you this fall!

AHhhhhhh!! UCLA is the last school I am waiting on. Meanwhile, I had to accept my offer at UChicago because its due tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me. I also applied for the fellowship so I hope I get it!! It's so nerve wracking, but getting into UCLA will only make my decision harder!!!! Wishing everyone nothing but the best! I look forward to hearing about all your acceptances!!!!

17 hours ago, Lorie said:

Congrats!!! Thanks for letting us know. Did not get any news yet. Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied? :) thanks

1 hour ago, MrsKozee said:

It doesn't say accepted or rejected; it says my decision letter is ready for review...

Did you get something from the department?  The app status link for me contains a link to a letter from the Dean of Graduate studies and that letter states the department should be sending me something that details the timeline I have to accept.  How long did they give you to accept?  If you got a letter from the school- did it say anything at all about financial aid or other potential scholarship opps beyond the fellowships?  (I know you said you later got  the diversity fellowship- congrats!!!!!!)