Rolling Admissions

I guess this is sort of an impossible question, but I've noticed people here recommending applying early to schools that have rolling admissions -- UT Dallas in particular. It's making me nervous because I planned to apply to UTD in mid-August (September 15 deadline). Is this what people mean by "early" or not so much? I am taking a class and would like to include that transcript in my application, and I also have one letter of rec that definitely won't be submitted until August.

Any thoughts?

They're in my signature but if you're on mobile I think you can't see them? As follows:
Out-of-field applicant (my BA is in English and German)
Graduated with a 3.5
GRE: 161 verbal + 151 quant
Spent 2 years as an English teaching assistant through Fulbright. Now I work with kids with developmental disabilities. I'm applying to UTD and college of st rose for this spring, and if I don't get in I'll just keep plugging along on the prerequisites and working!

How about you? Are you applying anywhere else?

Edited by uebersetzen

Ya I am on my mobile. I'm an international applicant from Mumbai , India. Graduated with a degree in audiology and speech path. GPA - 3.84 horrible GRE - 304. Working at 4 places , two multi rehab centres , one private clinic and one NGO. I'm applying to only Dallas and CSU Fresno .. I really hope I get in .. If I don't I'm going to continue working and apply for fall... And even my applications will go in mid August because of my transcripts.. I really hope it's early enough for UTD it's my dream school

You have a great profile .. I'm sure you will get in

I've already applied for Spring 2016 but also curious about this "Rolling Admissions" does anyone know if the earlier you apply the better? Anxiously waiting.... best of luck to everyone!

Good luck, lsugirl! I'm hoping to submit everything next week but still waiting on recommendations to be submitted. When did you apply? I'm interested to hear how long it takes to hear a decision. I've heard of UTD being kinda slow on the notifications :(

• 2 weeks later...

Rolling admissions just means that they consider applications as they come in, rather than after a certain deadline. Theoretically, I guess. So theoretically, it would be better to apply earlier because they could have filled almost all the spots by the deadline of September 15.

I just submitted everything to UTD today (though still waiting on letters of rec......), and I am visiting next week! So fingers crossed! :) 

Entschuldige. Du musst dich anmelden, um das lesen zu können. Aber es lohnt sich, wenn du dein CCCs beantragst. Dann bekommst du eine Ermässigung, wenn du als Student schon bei ASHA angemeldet bist. 

I met with Dr Stillman this morning and he said they're hoping to make decisions for spring 2016 in mid September, just so everyone who has applied is aware! He was very kind and seemed very approachable and understanding of the stress of finding a good fit for grad school. 

@lsugirl all it says is that my application is complete (I think). Is that what yours says?

I believe I am STILL waiting on a couple of letters from professors... I should probably check in on that. But, like I said, Dr Stillman told me he would be making decisions in mid september, then finalizing everything in the beginning of october! Which in my opinion makes the whole process not realllly rolling admissions, haha. But thats mostly a bummer for people like you who applied so early!! Shoot!

• 1 month later...

@lsugirl all it says is that my application is complete (I think). Is that what yours says?

I believe I am STILL waiting on a couple of letters from professors... I should probably check in on that. But, like I said, Dr Stillman told me he would be making decisions in mid september, then finalizing everything in the beginning of october! Which in my opinion makes the whole process not realllly rolling admissions, haha. But thats mostly a bummer for people like you who applied so early!! Shoot!

uebersetzen has your online portal changed at all?

@lsugirl I actually for the life of me cannot remember my NetID.... lol. So I haven't checked it in a while! Do you think they'll email/call or will notifications be via Galaxy? My letters didn't get submitted until right before September 15 so I assumed I wouldn't hear anything until at least October.