Rolling Admissions

@Isugirl We could wait till October 15th , one month from the deadline and then contact him ! I'm sure that would be okay , right ? Although I hope you hear by then since you applied so early. Also , it's weird how there are only the three of us on this forum who've applied to Dallas for spring ?

Thank you !!! That's good to hear :) I hope we all get in .. 

I was reading last year's spring posts on the forum and it seems like Dallas notified people from end of September going to November 2nd week .. So hopefully the first round of acceptances should be out soon now 

All the best !!!!!! 

I am applying for Spring 2016 but my letter of recommendations are still showing as not received in Orion. Did anyone else have this issues?  They were submitted last month and I received the emails and everything letting me know that they were in.  

@Isugirl I think that decisions should be out by mid November at the max. Beyond that I'm afraid it will mostly be a reject. I've only read the previous spring applications on this forum and other sites and gauged this , it's nothing official that I'm aware of. Also, they will need to finish all their paperwork of the admitted students before they go on Christmas break, so they need a month's time to get all that sorted, so by this logic too mid November should be the latest by when we should expect an affirmation.

Since they claim to follow rolling admissions they should start sending out admits in this week. Let's hope for the best!!!!

• 2 months later...

Hello I had a question for those of you that applied to UTD.  I am applying there for Fall 2016.  Can I submit my application before my letter's of recommendation are all submitted?  Or I guess I'm asking 'should I', more than 'can I?'  Only one of my professors has submitted so far, I don't know that they will even look at my application without at least two in though.

Any insight from your own experiences?

Edited by CBG321

59 minutes ago, CBG321 said:

Hello I had a question for those of you that applied to UTD.  I am applying there for Fall 2016.  Can I submit my application before my letter's of recommendation are all submitted?  Or I guess I'm asking 'should I', more than 'can I?'  Only one of my professors has submitted so far, I don't know that they will even look at my application without at least two in though.

Any insight from your own experiences?

I'm applying to UTD also! Was just wondering how long your SOP was? I know there was no limit stated or anything. Also, last year's applicants were telling me they had to upload a resume... I don't see anywhere to do that though.

17 minutes ago, speechie94 said:

I'm applying to UTD also! Was just wondering how long your SOP was? I know there was no limit stated or anything. Also, last year's applicants were telling me they had to upload a resume... I don't see anywhere to do that though.

Mine is 2 pages single spaced I think a little over 700 words, I still have some edits to do so give or take a bit.  I know I was only able to upload my current job which is NOT reflective of all my experiences that will show why i'm qualified.  I know one of my schools told me to attach it to the end of my statement but I wouldn't do that unless it specifically told us to.  I really would like them to see my resume though...any insight spring applicants?

2 hours ago, CBG321 said:

Mine is 2 pages single spaced I think a little over 700 words, I still have some edits to do so give or take a bit.  I know I was only able to upload my current job which is NOT reflective of all my experiences that will show why i'm qualified.  I know one of my schools told me to attach it to the end of my statement but I wouldn't do that unless it specifically told us to.  I really would like them to see my resume though...any insight spring applicants?

I know! It's so hard to talk about all my resume experiences and personal experiences all within the limits of the SOP.

Yeah there was no way I could have fit all my work and volunteer experience and written a cohesive sop, and I didn't want to waste space explaining things that were explained on my resume. I kept my statement to 1 page single spaced and gave them my resume when I visited, although when I called they said I could email it and they would include it in my application file.

Also, I submitted my application long before my letters of rec were submitted. I think my last letter of rec didn't get sent in until like a day before the deadline! And I got in pretty quickly after the deadline, like 2 weeks out. 

2 hours ago, uebersetzen said:

Yeah there was no way I could have fit all my work and volunteer experience and written a cohesive sop, and I didn't want to waste space explaining things that were explained on my resume. I kept my statement to 1 page single spaced and gave them my resume when I visited, although when I called they said I could email it and they would include it in my application file.

Also, I submitted my application long before my letters of rec were submitted. I think my last letter of rec didn't get sent in until like a day before the deadline! And I got in pretty quickly after the deadline, like 2 weeks out. 

Did you email it to UTD or the CD department?