Wanted info on Western Carolina University

This is for all accepted/ attending/ alumni of WCU. Please give me all the information you can about what it's like going there as a grad student in SLP!! (?)

I've already read everything on the website and famailiarized myself with things like housing, tuition, curriculum and I'm hoping to find out things that might not be listed on the website (essentially ,"what was your experience as a masters slp student at WCU?") I basically want to know anything you're willing and able to share with me! Specifically, if anyone can comment on school-related/childhood SLP at WCU, I'm interested in working with children in the school system as an SLP, and so related/relevant information in that area is especially appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

• 7 months later...

I know this is super late, but I just found this post. I didn't major in SLP, but I did major in Psych at WCU. I know that WCU has a great relationship with the surrounding school districts, so I bet you would have the opportunity to gain experience in your desired area. The faculty is always willing to help you, I've seen many of them go out of their way to help a student. I've also heard positive things about the grad school overall. 

Sorry this is so late! I hope this helps (if you haven't already made your decision). Best of luck!