Can I get into grad school? :(

Hello everyone! So I'm about to be a senior this upcoming fall (scary) and I will start applying to grad schools probably at the end of fall semester to (hopefully) be accepted for Fall 2016. I was wondering what my chances are of getting in. My CURRENT stats for GPA and major GPA are below (I'm taking two summer classes currently that I'm going to receive A's in and still have another semester left to boost my GPA). Two of my major courses that I'm taking next semester are ones that I took previously that I received B-'s in (hopefully this looks good to grad schools and shows that I'm dedicated and determined..?) I'm also currently volunteering with the lead SLP at a local hospital in my area and currently have 50 hours in and I'm hoping to get even more before I go back to school! I also plan on going back next winter break to volunteer. All of my other extra curricular activities are listed below in my signature, as well. I have yet to take the GRE's but plan on doing so within the next few months.  

I know I've posted this question on here before but I was curious to see if anyone new who hasn't responded to my previous post had any advice for me on how to supplement my application anymore or what schools I should apply to that are more willing to accept a candidate like me (willing to relocate). Thanks!

If I were in your shoes I would

-ease off on doing any "extra" EC's as you already have plenty to put on your resume

-Put that extra time into achieving hopefully all A grades this upcoming semester

-Also put that time into studying a little bit each day for the GRE

You should really take the GRE ASAP. As in the latest mid October. I would go register now, and order some prep books or an online program. Your GRE scores will take time to be sent and then processed by CSDCAS. 

I would focus on maximizing your GPA/GRE to the best of your abilities, I personally don't think 20 more volunteer hours are going to make or break your app, but that's just one opinion. 

If I were in your shoes I would

-ease off on doing any "extra" EC's as you already have plenty to put on your resume

-Put that extra time into achieving hopefully all A grades this upcoming semester

-Also put that time into studying a little bit each day for the GRE

You should really take the GRE ASAP. As in the latest mid October. I would go register now, and order some prep books or an online program. Your GRE scores will take time to be sent and then processed by CSDCAS. 

I would focus on maximizing your GPA/GRE to the best of your abilities, I personally don't think 20 more volunteer hours are going to make or break your app, but that's just one opinion. 

Yes, I plan on doing extremely well next semester. Last semester I received a 3.5 and then this summer a 4.0 for my two classes that I'm taking, so my last 60 GPA shouldn't be too bad! (it's my freshman/sophomore year where I struggled more/was unmotivated) But yes I will be taking the GRE asap and I do have a GRE prep book that I look over every so often. I'm going to start studying more once these online summer classes end within the next few weeks.

It is definitely doable if you do your research! I got in with a 3.3 overall and 3.4 in major and also just found out I received an assistantship as well! Do your research on schools and make sure you apply to as many as possible that are all within your gpa range. I would definitely try to email some professors and see if you can get involved in any research for this last semester. I did that and I really think that boosted my resume enough to get in. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

It is definitely doable if you do your research! I got in with a 3.3 overall and 3.4 in major and also just found out I received an assistantship as well! Do your research on schools and make sure you apply to as many as possible that are all within your gpa range. I would definitely try to email some professors and see if you can get involved in any research for this last semester. I did that and I really think that boosted my resume enough to get in. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

oh my gosh thank you this put me at ease! What schools did you apply to? where did you end up being accepted? Were your GRE scores good?

oh my gosh thank you this put me at ease! What schools did you apply to? where did you end up being accepted? Were your GRE scores good?

I applied to St. John's university, nyu, kean, new paltz, seton hall, mercy college, Montclair and New York medical college

I was wait listed at seton hall, new paltz, Montclair, and mercy college

Rejected from nyu and kean

I was offered an interview for New York medical but declined it because of the cost

And I was accepted with assistantship at St. John's! My gres were 158v 154q and 4.0 writing so they were pretty average. Definitely take the time now to research what schools will be the best fit for you I really think that helped me. And try to get involved in research on campus (st John's is a research based program- I really think this is what helped me get in!) let me know if you have any questions I know how stressful the process is and how hopeless it feels but I promise there's hope!!!