Useful languages for SLPS

HI all, 

I was wondering what languages are especially useful for an SLP to know. I already speak a few languages, but the only really "useful" ones I speak are Spanish and Mandarin. I'm also planning on taking up ASL again, so there's that. Thoughts?

There is a big demand for SLP's who are bilingual in Spanish & English. ASL is useful if you want to work with the deaf in a "Total Communication" setting rather than an auditory-verbal one.

Just keep in mind the languages are only considered "useful" in a speech pathology context if you are certified and able to provide therapy in those languages!  I think that being able to speak to the parents and explain stuff is incredibly useful but I think in terms of graduate school that's what they mean by "useful."  And they want fluent as though you are a native speaker not just conversational.  B/c a fluent person knows what is atypical while a second language learner may not have memorized all those tiny nuances of the language even if they are very advanced!

So it more so depends on where you live (or plan to live) I live somewhere that Spanish( and I can't remember which) but either Korean or Vietnamese was in high demand.  It's very cool that you're multi-lingual I wish I was too!