USU prerequisites online -- your experiences/recommendations?

Hi! I'm currently in COMD 2500 online through USU. Wondering if anyone has recommendations on classes/professors they've really enjoyed online at USU, as I've been, well, underwhelmed with this course but I'm thinking of taking another this fall semester. I'm interested in the material, but the professor has seemed a bit lackluster, in my opinion. It could just be that the whole online format doesn't work for me, but I thought I'd throw it out there :)

2500 was definitely underwhelming, which is too bad given that it's the first thing most people take.

I think partially it's the nature of online, though that was probably the worst of them - busy work, time consuming assignments that didn't make you think, dry lectures read from an outline. The other classes were also a lot of straight memorization, but at least I felt like I was learning something, and the professors seemed interested in the topic.

Yes! Totally agree. I think what gets me most about this class is that I feel like I don't get anything from the lectures -- almost everything is taken word for word out of the book, and I do the reading, so it is incredibly dull to listen to the prof rehash everything all over again!

Were there any that you found especially interesting, or ones where the professor was particularly good?

Trying to remember everything I took at USU and how it was -

phonetics - Great instructor (SM-D). A little quirky but passionate. Open book exams, relevant homework and readings. I liked it.

language science - Same instructor as phonetics (SM-D). Also open book exams. Lectures were very helpful as she would work through questions similar to the homework assignments, so you can do examples then follow along with her work to check. One seriously annoying group project, or maybe I was just stuck with a bad group - but group projects do not translate well to online classes.

anatomy of hearing (AP) -  The fist section was acoustics and I was thrown by the sciency aspects of it, but did ok. After the first test was straight anatomy, and it was my first anatomy class, so I was frustrated by all the straight memorization at first, but once I got into a rhythm with it and learned how to learn it it was fine. She was informative but a bit dry. I don't think I touched the book at all - all lecture based.

audiology (HJ) - very straight forward. didn't use the book. Lectures were given in understandable language and didn't presume that you had any other knowledge, which is nice.

anatomy of speech  - team taught by 2 TAs (CM and SS). One was better than the other, but both seemed flustered at times. I didn't like how it was taught, but since again, it was straight anatomy memorization, it's all in how you take your notes and prepare.

speech science (CD)- this guy loves what he does,  but is oddly monotone with an interesting sense of humor. Very, very smart guy, and knows how to relay his knowledge. Tough tests, but very doable if you work.

bio (VR) - thought I would hate it, but I love it. She has lots of passion and is very approachable.

chem (DF)- hate it. can't say enough terrible things about it. I honestly haven't learned a thing. My grade is fine, because he uses quiz questions on the exam, so I've seen most of them before. All of the other classes, even the ones I didn't love, I say are worth taking. Not this. Look elsewhere.

I took stats at a local community college because USU required a test first, and once I took the test they had no more spots for me. And I'm taking observation and methods elsewhere because my grad program doesn't think that USU one covers what we need to know.