Programs in the Southeast

sp108

Why are there so few quality MPP/MPA programs in the southeast?  Are there any programs similar to an MPP/MPA that I could take a look at in the southeast?

Edited by sp108

Guest SIPA_MPA18

Check out the University of Georgia's MPA. One of the top ranked MPA degrees in the country. I did undergrad there and Athens is one of the best college towns in the country. I'm considering UGA alongside Duke Sanford's highly ranked MPP program.

Florida State University offers an MPA program that also has dual degree options. Currently tied for 16th on U.S. News if that means something to you.

There are also more within the state of Florida (UCF, USF, FIU, FAU) but I suppose you're looking at top 50 when you say "quality programs".

I guess it depends how broadly you define the "Southeast" but Kentucky Patterson is respectable, as well as Duke and UNC Chapel Hill if you include them.

Numerous other large state schools (George, Georgia State and Georgia Tech) have respectable MPP and MPA programs. International policy is however mostly concentrated in the northeastern half of the I-95 corridor and does not extend too much south after DC.