Is it the end if I get rejected

kim92015

Hi there, you've opened 5 new topics in less than 24 hours. Please keep your questions in the same thread, if they are related. I've merged two of your questions that seem obviously related. 

You ask very general questions that we cannot answer with the information you provide. There is no set procedure that all PIs in all labs in all fields (since you don't tell us what field you are in) in all schools in all countries (since you don't tell us where you're applying, not even a continent) use when they receive resumes from students, just like there is no one way to assign TAships, and no one reason why a department would undergo structural changes (all things you've asked about today). Unless you give us more to go on, I'm afraid your questions will go unanswered, or all we can say is "it depends." 

In this particular case, here is a guess: it's unlikely that PIs share resumes they receive, because there doesn't seem to be a clear reason to do so. However, you won't know either way and if you are rejected from one position, all you can do is try for the next. 

I've contacted a prof about volunteering as research assistant. Story short, he doesn't think it is ethical to hire volunteers. I then asked if there are paid positions. His reply was he's not hiring at moment because his funding for more assistants was unsuccessful.

Hi there, I don't know what the point of this latest post even is, but I've merged it with some of your previous ones. Please stop opening multiple new threads unnecessarily, as they bump down other people's threads which deserve just as much attention as you do. 

Hi everyone, please disregard my first post of this thread as it is different from my latest one. In my latest post, I just would like to ask about when would be the right time in future to contact the prof again about research position (not research project). Should I wait next year? Thanks :)

Edited by kim92015