is anybody here tenure-track?

lewin

I looked down the Jobs forum threads and I don't see any that actually refer to the actual holy grail, an academic position. Curious if there's anybody here who got a tenure-track professor position. Maybe it happens but they just fall off the forum once employment arrives.

I think people tend to migrate to the Chronicle forums and other places by that point in their career. But, there are definitely some tenure-track folks here who come back to provide helpful feedback to those applying to grad school. You might get more responses if you post in your disciplinary forum...

I probably should have said "tenure track, or working in academia". Didn't mean to necessarily exclude adjuncts. Just looking at the forum posts, they're mostly along the lines of "thinking of leaving!" and "alternative jobs!??!"

You'll have to find the more seasoned gradcafe members. I could list a handful that I know are working in academia but, those are just the ones I know about from the posts that they've made on here (think juilletmercredi, Penelope Higgins, and SocProf come to mind). Others are working in academia but less public about it on this site... Is there particular information you're looking for?