What are my chances of getting into SLP grad school?

Izzy92

As time is getting closer to apply to grad school I am becoming more anxious. My Overall GPA is a 3.80 and in the major it is a 3.98. I have about a 100 hours of volunteer work at the hospital and about 30 hours as an intern at my local speech clinic. I currently work as a 1:1 special ed aide with a preschool girl. I have made the decision of not taking the GRE since I am not very good with standardized tests. Did anyone have similar stats/ experience when getting accepted?

Your stats look good, not sure how SLP works specifically, but most grad schools will want some sort of GRE. I am sure you know your field better than I.

What I really suggest you think about is what you'll do if you don't get in. I am going into my 3rd application year in 5 since getting my bachelor's degree. Had I known what I know now back about 4 years ago, I would have saved myself the time, but that's  not really relevant to your specific situation. However, from experience, I have learned how to make back-up plans. Several of them, all of which will get me closer to my goal, and none of them involve me giving up. 

The more solid my back up plans, the less anxiety I feel in taking these risks. In any case, it may help.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use