Coming from a Developing Country Hoping to Study in Europe

crookedfootstep

Hello Guys!

I would like to know about people who are applying for Graduate School in Europe, or even in other "Developed" Countries, who came from Developing Countries?

I know that the educational standard is off balance.  What might be a high caliber school in my country can be considered a low tier school in others -- though this does not necessarily mean that the education is terrible, it's just the standards.  

I'm hoping to get into scholarship programs abroad and have been working on such applications in the last few years.

I have a rather low undergraduate GPA (2.9), from the second best school from my country.  I have since gathered almost five years worth of experiences through internships, international volunteering experience, and full time employment in the field I am interested in, creating development programs here and there for the underprivileged in our society. During this time, I also pursued a Masters degree in the Top1 University, graduating with at GPA of 3.6 -- which is an incredible step up from my undergraduate GPA. I pursued this education while I was working at the same time. 

Anyway, I would just like to ask for any helpful advice for getting into scholarship programs in the western countries (mostly in Europe like Chevening, Erasmus, DAAD), for people coming from developing countries, given my academic and professional background.