Any EE people doing/interested in Neuro research?

Edotdl

So I am doing EE in undergrad and prefer to stick with it for a PhD because I enjoy the topics and quantitative nature. However, I am interested in neuroscience research (cognitive, systems, computational). Mainly, understanding the computations in the brain and how they give rise to intelligence. To this end, my most recent research experiences have been in experimental (systems) neuroscience labs (ie. doing behavioral experiments and using techniques like optogenetics, photometry, electrophysiology). I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding how to approach applications to EE PhD programs with this background and if there's anything specific I should discuss in my SOP. Additionally, because of what was previously mentioned, all of my rec letters will be from Neuro profs. I figured that it would be better to use a research rec than a class rec but will the lack of EE recommenders be detrimental?

Thanks.