Security Studies Programs?

For terminal MA:  I'll caveat this by saying I have no expertise to comment on this, and I'm looking exclusively at DC, but I personally prefer the Georgetown and SAIS programs.  Georgetown has an MA in Security Studies, with a really well developed curriculum and concentrations.  SAIS program also seems very strong-- although they don't have an MA in Security Studies, but an MIA where you can concentrate in Strategic Studies (closest approximation, unless you count Conflict Management).  However, the SAIS concentration seems pretty US defense heavy, but I heard the faculty director has amazing connections that he does use to students' advantage.

If you are interested in DC, GW and American also have good programs.

I'd roughly agree with the above and would add in Fletcher which has one of the top international affairs programs in the world, generally speaking. DC-based schools tend to be the strongest in this field just because of the location; roughly, I'd say the top schools in order are 1. Georgetown MA in Security Studies (or alternatively the MSFS, which is not as focused, but probably more prestigious than the Security Studies specific degree); 2. SAIS MA with focus on Strategic Studies 3. Fletcher MALD with focus on International Security 4. SIPA with Security focus 5. GWU Elliot School. 

You probably couldn't go wrong with the Kennedy School or Princeton for general caliber and eliteness, but I'm not aware of a particular Security focus at either school. Ditto (but somewhat less powerful/prestigious) for the Yale Jackson School.  

For the PhD, without knowing your career goals I wouldn't be able to give a ranking given than academic focused programs are quite different from those that are more policy focused. 

Ditto with the top 5 from above.

Other prestigious schools, such as Harvard or Princeton, would have some form of concentration but put more focus on quantitative analysis in policy development.

For security studies alone, I would go with the top 5 and include Denver Korbel, Syracuse Maxwell and Pittsburgh GSPIA as solid choices.