Should I reconsider GRE based on my anectode for M.Sc. in AE at UofT?

AstroKing

Hi everybody...

I'm an international applicant (with a background in computer engineering), willing to apply for M.Sc. program in aerospace engineering at university of Toronto.

Here is my brief resume:

CGPA: 9.76/10

3 ISI journal and 5 conference papers: all as the main researcher (first name)

TOEFL iBT: 98

But the dark side of my backlog is the GRE General score, is which 303...

I've planned to retake it... But it will be held over one month later, after the start of the corresponding target application... In one hand, some fellows among students in UofT says that I must submit my program fast, because most of the faculty members, up there, choose their desired graduate students very soon and waiting for that GRE mark will kill my chance, considerably. They did not assess the GRE score as important as the CGPA, papers or TOEFL score...

On the other hand, that GRE score is undoubtedly disappointing and its potential harsh influence on my chance is daunting...

Some people claim that the resume itself is noticeable enough, in spite of the GRE mark, and I've not been enforced to retake it, safely...

What do you think?!... Any smart advice for me...?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by AstroKing

I'm not in your field (and didn't have to submit GRE scores for my program at U of T), but I noticed that you did not separate your GRE scores to Verbal and Quant, which would really help us. Engineering is a quant-heavy program, so if your Quant score is high while your Verbal score is abysmal, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

An alternative is maybe contact the profs you are interested in working with? Just so they know you are applying and you are on their minds when they choose applicants. Your profile is very strong otherwise (Though I don't know if U of T takes people with a TOEFL of less than 100...that might be just my program).