Canadian applying to US speech language pathology programs

Hi! 

I was planning on applying to some American SLP schools this year, I was wondering if there are any schools in particular that are good for Canadian applicants. If any of you have done a masters in SLP in the US and are Canadian I'd love to here your opinion on it :). Were there any agencies that you went through when you applied?  

There are currently 3 Canadians in my program at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. 2 are from Saskatchewan and 1 from Manitoba. They have had many more in the past. Unfortunately the website for this program is very uninformative.

They all came from Minot State University in North Dakota, which in my opinion is the better option because tuition is the same for resident, nonresident, and international students, set at approximately $8,000/year. But my school is also a more affordable option than most for international students.

Edited by Pennsatucky

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat- going to be applying for four Canadian schools but would be good to apply to some American ones as well. Anyone else know of any schools in the US that don't have crazy international fees? It also seems like a lot of them have a lot of prerequisites. I'm currently doing a one year certificate program at Brock University and I still won't have enough courses for many of them!

• 1 month later...