Fall 2016--Second Year Applicants

Hope everyone had a good summer! For all the 2nd year applicants out there, I'm wondering how you guys are approaching this application season. Have you changed which schools you're applying to? Have you retaken the GRE or rewritten your SOP? Have you enrolled in any post-bacc classes?

I'm not excited to go through all of this stress again, but I know it will be worth it in the end. Here's to another 8 months of constant email checking!

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not looking forward to all the stress involved again but hopefully this time around it will be worth it! I am retaking the GRE to try and improve a bit and have been working with children with disabilities for a year now. I think I will have a lot more to say this time around for my SOP. Still stressful!

I am not looking forward to the stress at all again! I applied for some spring admissions schools, but I'm planning on getting everything ready for fall admission as well; just in case! I didn't retake the GRE or take any classes because I feel like they're okay for where I'm applying. I did totally rework my SOP and had as many people read it as possible. I think my first one might have hurt me the first time. I'm confident that if we keep trying we will be accepted eventually!

• 6 months later...
On August 30, 2015 at 0:39 PM, cosmicmorgan said:

Hope everyone had a good summer! For all the 2nd year applicants out there, I'm wondering how you guys are approaching this application season. Have you changed which schools you're applying to? Have you retaken the GRE or rewritten your SOP? Have you enrolled in any post-bacc classes?

I'm not excited to go through all of this stress again, but I know it will be worth it in the end. Here's to another 8 months of constant email checking!

what did you end up doing?

12 minutes ago, Rorororosy said:

what did you end up doing?

I ended up applying to different schools than last year, except for 2 or 3 where I was waitlisted. I tried to be more strategic about it. I took a prerequisite though USU that my undergrad didn't offer, and became a literacy tutor. Changed my SOP a little but not much. Thankfully it all worked out and I received two acceptances!

13 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

I ended up applying to different schools than last year, except for 2 or 3 where I was waitlisted. I tried to be more strategic about it. I took a prerequisite though USU that my undergrad didn't offer, and became a literacy tutor. Changed my SOP a little but not much. Thankfully it all worked out and I received two acceptances!

YEYYY!!