Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

Hi all!

I applied to three schools for spring 2016 --> UTD, Baylor University, and University of Central Florida. I am finishing my bachelors this fall, so I thought I might as well apply for spring!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if these schools will do interviews and when? I have been looking through the SLP forum but I couldn't find anything... :( I am actually attending and have lived in NY all my life so this whole process of applying to schools so far away is a bit exciting as well!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

I applied to University of Central Florida too, and I didn't see on their website that they do interviews, but I could be wrong. I'm also from NY, and have lived here all of my life, so I understand all of the emotions surrounding applying to distant schools; good luck :) 

I applied to University of Central Florida too, and I didn't see on their website that they do interviews, but I could be wrong. I'm also from NY, and have lived here all of my life, so I understand all of the emotions surrounding applying to distant schools; good luck :) 

Thanks Moni!

It's great to know that another New Yorker applied to UCF.

Good luck! Fingers crossed :)

Hi all!

I applied to three schools for spring 2016 --> UTD, Baylor University, and University of Central Florida. I am finishing my bachelors this fall, so I thought I might as well apply for spring!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if these schools will do interviews and when? I have been looking through the SLP forum but I couldn't find anything... :( I am actually attending and have lived in NY all my life so this whole process of applying to schools so far away is a bit exciting as well!

Hi , I applied  to UTD as well and they don't do interviews ! 

When did you finish your application by ? Hopefully we hear soon :)  Good luck ! 

Hi , I applied  to UTD as well and they don't do interviews ! 

When did you finish your application by ? Hopefully we hear soon :)  Good luck ! 

Hey!

I submitted my applications on the 15th of September. Good luck to you too!

Hey!

I submitted my applications on the 15th of September. Good luck to you too!

Hey !

What does your galaxy portal say ? I've been checking mine daily to hope there is some change lol.  

If you don't mind sharing , what are your stats like ? 

Hey !

What does your galaxy portal say ? I've been checking mine daily to hope there is some change lol.  

If you don't mind sharing , what are your stats like ? 

Hey :)

So what happened was that I forgot to send my official transcript, so I ended up sending it two days ago....

I really hope that it gets to them soon.

My galaxy portal just says that I need to submit my official transcript.

My stats should be listed below my posts too :)

If you look on the results page some have already been accepted to UTD for spring 2016. My portal still has not updated. 

Yea I've been checking every day :( It's really stressful because I realize that for spring 2014 and 2013, the rejected applicants got their notifications later than the accepted ones.

I feel like if you don't hear from UTD by October, there is a high chance you are rejected... ? Or maybe I'm being paranoid

I applied to UTD for Fall 2015 and they sent out the acceptance letters in waves. So most likely they have sent out the first wave and are allowing those accepted a certain period of time to accept or decline their offer. They will continue this until the class size is full. Hope this is helpful! 

I have been wait listed by Eastern and Grand Valley State University.  Still crossing my fingers on GVSU!  As for Appalachian and Central Florida I'm still waiting for any response.

Good luck to all!

If you look on the results page some have already been accepted to UTD for spring 2016. My portal still has not updated. 

Hey ! 

I applied for fall 2015 too , but didn't get in :( hopefully this time I do ! 

I looked through the results page but didn't find anyone who's gotten in UTD , can you share the link please? 

Hi there!

Has anyone applied to University of Northern Iowa for Spring 2016? I was accepted and I would love to know of any other folks planning on attending.

Side note: this was my second time applying and as much as it sucks, being a second time applicant is so much better than a first time. It's nice to know the ropes a little bit and the whole rejection thing doesn't feel as awful :)

Hey ! 

I applied for fall 2015 too , but didn't get in :( hopefully this time I do ! 

I looked through the results page but didn't find anyone who's gotten in UTD , can you share the link please? 

here's the link to the results page I found. Hope we hear soon as well! http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=University+of+Texas+at+Dallas

here's the link to the results page I found. Hope we hear soon as well! http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=University+of+Texas+at+Dallas

Hey ! Thanks for the link ! They seem to have heard a week back ! Applying the second time was difficult, I hope we don't have to do this the 3rd time :( 

Anyways like they say no news can be good news , good luck ! 

AJM24 what were your stats? I applied to Northern Iowa as well but I didn't get accepted. :(

Hi! Sure, my stats are: GRE (I took it twice and sent both scores to my schools) VR: 160 & 154, Q: 144 & 147, AW: 4.5 & 4.0

GPA: Undergrad 3.36 Post-bacc 3.9     I also currently work at a clinic for children with developmental disabilities and speak some Spanish

but! I just wanted to say DO NOT be too discouraged! I applied to 11 schools last year and got into zero. It totally sucked and I definitely had a good cry, but I actually really enjoyed the last 9 months. It was awesome to have some more time to explore areas of the field I hadn't had much experience in. I tried to look at it like a chance to get to know more about the field and have some cool experiences, and I did! Plus it makes applying the second time a lot less stressful and you feel like an old pro. :) 

Will UTD notify us of rejections or do we just have to wait around?

Hey ! They will notify us , but looking at results from spring 15 and 14 , generally starting November it's a reject , it maybe different this year who knows. But I'm really anxious. 

Hi all!

Hello:

I'm also applying to Lehman. I got an email on October 8th from the director of SLP graduate program. I was invited for an interview, I'll know the date in two weeks. I'm so nervous that I can't sleep. Good luck to us.

Is it weird that my galaxy portal STILL says your application will be sent to the appropriate department to begin the admission process. ? There are people who have already gotten an admit so I wonder why mine is still not even sent to the appropriate department. Is anyone else in the same situation?