Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

Hello:

I'm also applying to Lehman. I got an email on October 8th from the director of SLP graduate program. I was invited for an interview, I'll know the date in two weeks. I'm so nervous that I can't sleep. Good luck to us.

I also applied to Lehman, but I have not received any response from them (I checked my online application status too of a rejection, etc). Congrats on getting an interview though, and good luck!! :) 

Hi Everyone!

I applied to five schools for spring 2016: Appalachian State, Baylor, Central Missouri, Northern Iowa, and UTD. I was accepted to Central Missouri, Northern Iowa, and UTD and haven't heard from the other two. I accepted admission at UTD today! Anyone know any less expensive places to live near the Callier Center in Dallas?!

Hi Everyone!

I applied to five schools for spring 2016: Appalachian State, Baylor, Central Missouri, Northern Iowa, and UTD. I was accepted to Central Missouri, Northern Iowa, and UTD and haven't heard from the other two. I accepted admission at UTD today! Anyone know any less expensive places to live near the Callier Center in Dallas?!

Congratulations! :) I don't know anything about Dallas, but I hope you find somewhere great.

I have informally accepted at UTD for the spring as well :) pending some scholarship info.

Im not sure how/if it would affect admissions, but Dr Stillman is out of the country for about 10 days. So that may be why you haven't heard back from him if you've been emailing him. 

I have informally accepted at UTD for the spring as well :) pending some scholarship info.

Im not sure how/if it would affect admissions, but Dr Stillman is out of the country for about 10 days. So that may be why you haven't heard back from him if you've been emailing him. 

I accepted my admissions offer too and was wondering about scholarships/financial aid. Did you apply for scholarships in a separate application? I checked the boxes in my original application for graduate assistantships but didn't see anything about scholarships and haven't heard anything about either! 

Edited by kmh6593

Hey ! Congratulations. !!!!!!!! 

Out for 10 days :(

I've applied to UTD as well and still waiting to hear. Anyone have any updates on when the rest of us know? I was pretty disappointed with my campus tour. Sounds like everyone else who toured met faculty and Dr. Stillman, which is kind of like a soft interview. A student took me on the tour and I didn't meet anyone :( I feel like that would have really helped me out. 

I accepted my admissions offer too and was wondering about scholarships/financial aid. Did you apply for scholarships in a separate application? I checked the boxes in my original application for graduate assistantships but didn't see anything about scholarships and haven't heard anything about either! 

Hey ! Congratulations on your acceptance, I see that you were a second time applicant to UTD ( just like me ). What did you change on your application which led to your acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear from them 

Hey ! Congratulations on your acceptance, I see that you were a second time applicant to UTD ( just like me ). What did you change on your application which led to your acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear from them 

Thanks! I didn't change anything with my application. I applied 3 days before the deadline back in February without realizing they did rolling admissions :( So after emailing back and forth with Dr. Stillman he assured me my stats weren't the issue (GPA 3.91, GRE V-157, Q-152, W-4.5), it was just that they filled all the spots before they reached my application since it was submitted so late. I never got an official denial but he basically told me the spots were filled so I went ahead and deferred my application to this round back in June. I think talking with him several times showed him how interested I was and getting my application in way earlier this time must have helped too! 

Also, my acceptance letter stated that there's no deadline to accept your offer of admissions, so there's probably some people out there who have received an offer but haven't acted on it yet. Hopefully some of those will pass on their offer and accept elsewhere! I also emailed Dr. Stillman some questions recently and he said he's out of the office until the 20th and will be sending out some more information to those of us accepted after that, so I wouldn't worry about not hearing back just yet! I've heard of some people getting accepted as late as the end of November, so sadly I think it's just a waiting game :( I've been there, try not to stress too much! It's still early in the process! :) 

I've applied to UTD as well and still waiting to hear. Anyone have any updates on when the rest of us know? I was pretty disappointed with my campus tour. Sounds like everyone else who toured met faculty and Dr. Stillman, which is kind of like a soft interview. A student took me on the tour and I didn't meet anyone :( I feel like that would have really helped me out. 

I toured it back in February when I applied the first time and I had a student show me around too for about 20 minutes and didn't meet any faculty either! I don't think it hurt me at all. You can always send a follow-up email to the Callier Center and cc Dr. Stillman thanking them for the tour to show how interested you are! 

Thanks! I didn't change anything with my application. I applied 3 days before the deadline back in February without realizing they did rolling admissions :( So after emailing back and forth with Dr. Stillman he assured me my stats weren't the issue (GPA 3.91, GRE V-157, Q-152, W-4.5), it was just that they filled all the spots before they reached my application since it was submitted so late. I never got an official denial but he basically told me the spots were filled so I went ahead and deferred my application to this round back in June. I think talking with him several times showed him how interested I was and getting my application in way earlier this time must have helped too! 

Also, my acceptance letter stated that there's no deadline to accept your offer of admissions, so there's probably some people out there who have received an offer but haven't acted on it yet. Hopefully some of those will pass on their offer and accept elsewhere! I also emailed Dr. Stillman some questions recently and he said he's out of the office until the 20th and will be sending out some more information to those of us accepted after that, so I wouldn't worry about not hearing back just yet! I've heard of some people getting accepted as late as the end of November, so sadly I think it's just a waiting game :( I've been there, try not to stress too much! It's still early in the process! :) 

Hey ! That's the same thing that happened to me during fall , they told me the spots were full. I applied early this time but my LORs didn't go in until 15th September which is why I'm more worried. I've been in touch with Dr Stillman since I applied for fall , but with so many students I wonder if I actually count or not. I've changed a lot of things from my previous application like I have more work experience, sop has changes , even the recommenders are diffenrent this time. Though my gre (304) is still the same. I really hope this works out for me. 

Congrats on everyone for their acceptances!

I just got an email from Baylor University this morning and I got accepted with some scholarship!

I am still waiting to hear back from UTD and UCF :(

I think that I won't make the cut for UTD because they received my official transcript three days ago ...

Hello:

I'm also applying to Lehman. I got an email on October 8th from the director of SLP graduate program. I was invited for an interview, I'll know the date in two weeks. I'm so nervous that I can't sleep. Good luck to us.

I just got an invite today for an interview at Lehman! It's so nerve-racking, but I'm super excited too.

Congrats to you both!

The verdict is still out on me. Sadly, I'm not optimistic. 

You might hear within the next two weeks if you get an interview because they're not starting to release the official interview dates and times for another two weeks, according to the e-mail I received! They're probably still going through all of the applications too. I was honestly really surprised to get an interview...I thought it was an e-mail telling me I was already rejected... 

Application submitted 9/9 but wasn't complete until 10/1 

They're probably still going through the applications then, especially since ours were both completed closer to the deadline then. I didn't get my e-mail yesterday until like 2 p.m, which is later in the day too. I got an e-mail from the Graduate Admissions office that there was a decision on my application posted online, and then that's how I found out; so just make sure to check your online portal once in a while to see if a decision is listed too.