Auburn's Materials Engineering

avirgo

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how reputable is Auburn University's Materials Engineering program? and generally how good is this university in terms of education and reputation of engineering school?

I saw that the engineering school ranks among top 70 of grad schools in US News.

I would appreciate to have your comments. 

Thanks!

I would say Auburn is mediocre.  But not bad.  I know two people who went did Online MS in Software Engineering and one was accepted into Phd in Engineering Education at Purdue.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Auburn for undergrad, but for civil engineering. I feel it is a better engineering school than its ranking suggests, in that by word of mouth its a respected school, at least in the interviews and discussions I've had with professionals. One thing you should know if that the Materials Engineering is an extremely small department, I'm pretty the Engineering College plans on moving it back into the Chemical Engineering Department, where it originally separated from. Something you might want to look into as I'm not 100% certain.