Will The Permanent Resident Card of Canada for a Chinese help in my application?

cloutma

Here's my situation.

I'm Chinese. I've got The Permanent Resident Card of Canada. However, I do not live there and I'm attending university in China. Now I'm in the last year and I'm ready to apply 2016fall.

So I'm wondering whether it will help if I mention that I've got The Permanent Resident Card of Canada in my online application form(some of the forms do have the selection),  since there may be some kind of, say, "Quota", for different kinds of students?

Thanks if there's anyone who may help.

Edited by cloutma

For Canadian schools, yes, having Canadian permanent residence will help you because you will count as a Canadian/domestic student and your tuition will be lower so you won't fill up the school's quota for funding international students. This also means you will be eligible for Canadian fellowships.

For United States schools, no, having Canadian permanent residence will not help. US schools do not have quotas for specific countries. However, many public schools are limited (by funding) on how many international students they can accept. But whether you apply as a Chinese national or a Canadian permanent resident will make no difference--both Chinese nationals and Canadians count as "international" to American schools!

Edited by TakeruK

For Canadian schools, yes, having Canadian permanent residence will help you because you will count as a Canadian/domestic student and your tuition will be lower so you won't fill up the school's quota for funding international students. This also means you will be eligible for Canadian fellowships.

For United States schools, no, having Canadian permanent residence will not help. US schools do not have quotas for specific countries. However, many public schools are limited (by funding) on how many international students they can accept. But whether you apply as a Chinese national or a Canadian permanent resident will make no difference--both Chinese nationals and Canadians count as "international" to American schools!

THX So much!!!!!!!!!!!!