Current/former SLP students at university of Illinois?

HB

I am a Swedish undergrad SLP student interested in applying to my university's exchange program with the university of Illinois and am trying to find out a bit more about what it's like to study there. Reading the website, it looks and sounds great, but hearing it from someone with personal experience is a whole other thing. If any current or former students want to share their experiences, I would be so grateful. Quality of teaching, main focus of courses, things you liked/disliked about the college, research opportunities, interdisciplinarity, etc. Anything!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I am an undergrad going to a different school in Illinois, but I have friends who go there (so, I have visited) and I at least know that the campus was very nice.  There were many exchange students too.  The reputation of this school around here is very good.  Coming from someone from a big city, the town wasn't spectacular, but graduate students aren't supposed to have lives anyway :P  

According to ASHA, their areas of research are augmentative communication, autism, dementia, fluency, language disorders, neurogenics, swwallowing, and voice disorders.