HKS MPP: 3 Undergrads: wait for experience or direct?

Are people still reading this? Let's give it a shot. I'm doing 3 full-time simultaneous degrees in 3 different fields in two different countries in two different languages, my main one is a target school the two others are distance learning (same exam, same diploma at end).

GPA:

Graduating in 2 years on track for 3.5/4.0 equivalent in Accounting & Finance Target School. Graduating in 3 years in Philosophy, and in 3 years for Mathematics/Physics degree. The other two are nationally among the best but not internationally recognized.

Work experience:

Military Internship/Bootcamp

Investment Bank Internship

High Tech/Defense Internship

Language skills:

Native French. Native English. Fluent German. Fluent Spanish.

Quantitative requirements:

75% of main degree's classes are econ and well the other Math/Physics degree speaks for itself.

Overseas experience (work, study and teaching):

Lived in France, Chile, US, studying in UK.

Leadership in highschool and uni. 

Statement of Purpose

To be defined.

Aiming for MPP at HKS. Is this realistic? Should I apply right after the end of my main undergrad or try to get some experience? 

Thanks

I don't mean to be rude.  You sort of lost me at your undergrad coursework.  Accounting and Finance and then Philosophy and then Mathematics and Physics?  What? and Why? Can you elaborate?

Edited by sp108

Sure, I'll explain. I'm doing 3 degrees at once, in 3 separate unis, not a triple or dual degree, I just signed up to all 3 separately, each of them being meant for people to study full-time in it.

Why: intellectual challenge and curiosity, developing different work cultures (humanities/business/stem), and not being limited in my life to a certain domain, I guess a certain liberty in my work. On a more political side: allows me to follow what each domain is saying and cater to everyone in the (educated) population. On a more strategic side: you can come up with great ideas by making 2 cultures overlap, e.g. by mixing business with science you can come up with quite interesting projects. I'm not refusing to make a choice, I made my choice by starting with business, but now I'm making 2 other choices: growing my knowledge and intellectual skills in two other domains.

Hope that answers it. So far I've seen people were literally amazed by two, and it seems 3 is hard for them to understand...(hope this doesn't sound condescending).

Hi vendettapolitics.

Reading your original post, I am curious to know why you want to pursue a public policy degree (not necessarily at Harvard, just in general), and what you hope to do with it. Articulating this vision might be helpful for your own sense of purpose also for the application committee that will read your file. You have an unusual undergraduate background that could be valuable to bring to a public policy school, but you will need to explain why you are pursuing the path you are pursuing and how an MPP (or similar) will advance that (or redirect it).

While there are some students who enroll in competitive MPP programs (or similar) directly out of undergrad, I think it's useful to have at least a few years of professional experience to help guide your graduate studies. A place like the Kennedy School has a dizzying amount of incompatible opportunities, even for someone adept at navigating commitments as you are now. To get the most out of any such program you will want to know why you're going there in the first place, and some work experience can often help.

Best of luck deciding what to do next.