Advice on Robotics Graduate programs for Students with BE in Mechanical

Idrees

I have been extensively searching for robotics graduate programs but they are usually for students who have done their undergrad in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. I would be immensely grateful for any advice.

A little info regarding myself. I have completed my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with a focus in robotics. My senior year project was working with humanoid robotics and I have been involved in a couple of other robotics projects as well involving microcontrollers. I have taken a few online programming and artificial intelligence courses. However, I don't have significant research experience. I got 167/165/4 (Quant/verbal/AW) score and a GPA of 3.60. I have good LoRs and I am working on refining my personal statement.

I am struggling to find a masters robotics program where I will be a good fit with my credentials. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am also looking for Robotics Programs and am doing a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I have been looking for these programs for a while now, and although I am not very hopeful for myself (being an international student with a cgpa of 7.18/10), I can tell you one thing with certainty, your profile is very strong. If there is one thing that might trouble you it is your quant score in GRE since most engineering universities are looking for 168 or more on 170, but that too isn't a big problem considering your total GRE score is very high. Same goes for your AWA score.

That said, there are many many programs that you can apply to with this profile. The best place, without a doubt, is Carnegie Mellon University. They do accept students with a Mechanical background, as do most robotics programs. After CMU, I have seen that the best robotics programs are offered at UPenn, University of Michigan, University of Texas, Austin, MIT, Georgia tech, Penn State University. You can also check out mechatronics programs at places like Yale University and University of Maryland as well. Some of the easier colleges would be Boston university and Worcester Polytechnic university. Honestly, I am still looking for tier 2 universities, which I may have hope of getting into. But the top level colleges all seem to have good programs for robotics, specifically with mechanical engineering masters programs.

Good luck.

Edited by Keya

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...