Statement of Purpose

bioarch_fan

So I've been working on my applications and I'm finding it hard to find the length that the statement of purpose should be.  Some of the departments have the length requirements on their website, whereas others don't.  Does anyone have any tips on figuring this out?  I don't want to make my statement of purpose too short or too long and risk the department not looking at my application because of this.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been working on my applications and I'm finding it hard to find the length that the statement of purpose should be.  Some of the departments have the length requirements on their website, whereas others don't.  Does anyone have any tips on figuring this out?  I don't want to make my statement of purpose too short or too long and risk the department not looking at my application because of this.

Thanks!

Most tend to be two-pages, but if you're concerned I would suggest contacting and asking.

Ok.  Thanks everyone!!!  This is beginning to be stressful already trying to do actual school work this semester and doing these applications.  Taking the GRE at the end of October, so I've got to continue preparing for that too.  Ugh this semester is going by WAY too fast already.  :/

• 2 weeks later...

If it helps, my top choice program did not have a page limit, so I asked my POI. He said 3-5 pages is standard. My SOP was 5 fives long. So, if in doubt, contact the department or your POI, and they should be able to help you.  Good luck!