DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

2 hours ago, astrid39 said:

Also "preselection made". :(

I've contacted with the daad through the daad portal some days before. They hope they will announce the result at the end of April because the selection process isn't made yet for the scholarship that I applied for. So we have to wait... :/

1 minute ago, elloj said:

I've contacted with the daad through the daad portal some days before. They hope they will announce the result at the end of April because the selection process isn't made yet for the scholarship that I applied for. So we have to wait... :/

Thank you for that information. I really hope that it will be soon.

56 minutes ago, blinibx said:

elloj, do you have any idea if there is an advantage if you applied for a german program, german spoken program.

blinibx, I don't know about that. There isn't any info regarding to that, if it is an advantage or not (even that my personal opinion is not, because they're a lot of programs in Germany that are in English but beside of that u have courses to learn German that are offered from the program itself). For what kind of scholarship have u applied for? I have a applied for the study scholarship 2016/2017  for all disciplines master level.

1 minute ago, elloj said:

blinibx, I don't know about that. There isn't any info regarding to that, if it is an advantage or not (even that my personal opinion is not, because they're a lot of programs in Germany that are in English but beside of that u have courses to learn German that are offered from the program itself). For what kind of scholarship have u applied for? I have a applied for the study scholarship 2016/2017  for all disciplines master level.

Study scholarship 2016/2017  for all disciplines master level, computer engineering german program, RWTH Aachen, from Kosovo.

A question for anyone who have received the language grant: have you gotten any information from your course provider? I contacted mine the other day (Goethe Institut Mannheim) but they said that they hadn't received my information from DAAD yet and that I'll receive more information from them when they do.

I have not received anything either. I uploaded the Declaration of Acceptance a week ago and have yet to receive insurance information or information regarding further funding--anyone else?

DAAD--Intensive Language Course for Graduates--interDaF Leipzig

4 hours ago, abreak said:

A question for anyone who have received the language grant: have you gotten any information from your course provider? I contacted mine the other day (Goethe Institut Mannheim) but they said that they hadn't received my information from DAAD yet and that I'll receive more information from them when they do.

4 hours ago, HGILLS said:

I have not received anything either. I uploaded the Declaration of Acceptance a week ago and have yet to receive insurance information or information regarding further funding--anyone else?

I have the same story. This literally drives me nuts. Why can't they just send you all the documents or at least provide some timeline when we should expect to receive something. I uploaded my declaration of acceptance last Monday and only got this automated message from the portal that it went successfully. Since then there's been only silence. I sent a message to Uta, and she forwarded me to use the portal to ask Bonn directly. I did that yesterday but had no reply so far. I have also messaged the did Frankfurt, and they replied that they have not gotten a list of awardees. 

Maybe they prioritize the awardees whose courses start in early June? Because mine begins only on the 20th, but still this silences is quite unpleasant, to say the least.

Hello everyone!

So I applied for the DAAD and have not heard back yet. My application status says "selection made". Does anyone else see this same message?

After I submitted my application I was told that I should hear by mid-May. Why is it so many people have already received rejection letters?

11 hours ago, HGILLS said:

7 hours ago, Andrey said:

I have the same story. This literally drives me nuts. Why can't they just send you all the documents or at least provide some timeline when we should expect to receive something. I uploaded my declaration of acceptance last Monday and only got this automated message from the portal that it went successfully. Since then there's been only silence. I sent a message to Uta, and she forwarded me to use the portal to ask Bonn directly. I did that yesterday but had no reply so far. I have also messaged the did Frankfurt, and they replied that they have not gotten a list of awardees. 

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. I also sent a portal message, but haven't gotten a response. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one though (as if my file had somehow been forgotten or something...).

14 hours ago, quillheart said:

Hello everyone!

So I applied for the DAAD and have not heard back yet. My application status says "selection made". Does anyone else see this same message?

After I submitted my application I was told that I should hear by mid-May. Why is it so many people have already received rejection letters?

Hei, I'm exactly in the same situation like you-i have still selection-made status and what is even more strange is that other applicants for the same grants from my country already got an answer......

This situation is really nerve-wracking :(

2 hours ago, paulapks said:

Hei, I'm exactly in the same situation like you-i have still selection-made status and what is even more strange is that other applicants for the same grants from my country already got an answer......

This situation is really nerve-wracking :(

I mean I guess it is good that we have not heard yet right? That means we are still in the running. Until we get a letter saying otherwise we have reason to hope!

On 27.04.2016 at 10:04 PM, abreak said:

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. I also sent a portal message, but haven't gotten a response. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one though (as if my file had somehow been forgotten or something...).

So I got a reply through the portal saying that I should be a little more patient. All the docs should arrive in the ensuing days. There is nothing else to do but be patient then.

6 hours ago, Andrey said:

So I got a reply through the portal saying that I should be a little more patient. All the docs should arrive in the ensuing days. There is nothing else to do but be patient then.

Thanks for the update! I was thinking of calling them, but I guess I'll hold off a little longer.

Hi everyone,

I applied for the DAAD study scholarship for graduates of all disciplines at the office in Paris.

I received a message through the portal yesterday stating the result of the selection round, with a pdf file attached. Unfortunately I was informed that my application had not been accepted. However it seems that I have been put on some sort of waiting list so that in case a grant becomes available, I can possibly get it.

Has someone already experienced this situation? There was no ranking mentionned or anything, so I do not know if a lot of people are before me or if there are actually other people on there... 

In the mean time I wish good luck to all those who have not gotten an answer yet and congrats to all of you lucky awardees :)

Ideodian

On 4/26/2016 at 2:36 PM, Andrey said:

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this. The intensive language course awardees, did you sign your declaration of acceptance?

Hello there,

So....I've just found out that I was awarded a DAAD scholarship.

My only concern now is that after I have summited my documents for the scholarship where I wrote the first 3 universities where I would like to go, I've found out others that would also meet my preferences and I would like to apply to them also. :(((

In case someone might  know, my question now is that would the scholarship be awarded only if I'll get admitted to one of those 3 universities I have written in the application ? Or they normally accept any german university to whom I might get admitted?

Thanks

On 03.05.2016 at 11:42 AM, Eiz said:

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this. The intensive language course awardees, did you sign your declaration of acceptance?

Hi, 

No, I didn't, but that should not be a problem as far as I know. My portal status changed to "Nach Forderende." So I hope to receive all the papers soon. 

14 hours ago, HGILLS said:

Anyone from the Intensive Language Program still waiting on information? I uploaded my declaration of acceptance a while ago and haven't received anything.

I do. I feel it may take a while for them to send all the info. Did you try to call or write them?