I need your help for Biomedical Sciences...

123hardasABC

I'm currently applying to PhD programs...and I'm having the same problems I had when applying for my Masters -- low UG GPA and low GRE scores -- and one new one.

Me in a snapshot:

Undergraduate: UC Berkeley, BS Molecular Toxicology -- 2.85 GPA :(

GRE: 155V/159Q/4W (67%/75%/56%) -- taken 9/20/2013 :( (unfortunately I couldn't find time to retake this between school and work)

Graduate: (currently attending) Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, MPH -- 3.78 GPA so far 

Research/Volunteering: 1 year intern at LA BioMed (cardiology lab), 1 year volunteer for American Cancer Society (planning for Relay For Life), 6 months at a gastroenterology practice (questionable duties for someone who is not a nurse....), 6 months working for community health clinics via my Practicum/PEHSU; I also taught for a year but it's in an unrelated field (art/painting)

School stuff: president of the Public Health Interest Group, on two committees within Student Council, Graduate Student Mentor 

LOR: course instructor from undergrad (good relations), current faculty advisor (great relations), and practicum advisor (great relations, mentor, and friend)

Aaannd problem #2: So far I really only have 3 schools in mind: Washington University in St. Louis (applying to see if the universe is feeling charitable!), St. Louis University (top choice), and University of Missouri. See a pattern? I'll be done with my Masters this term and will be leaving New York at the beginning of December to return to MO. I want my PhD but I'm also at a point in my life where I can't uproot everything anymore. I know it sounds like a pansy thing to say, but moving to SF-Bay Area and NYC has really drained the living shit out of me. For me it's not just school, it's also where I'm going to be living for the next (supposedly) 5 years. 

If you guys have any low- to mid- tier Midwest schools to suggest, I'm all ears.