Masters or PhD ??

caroline24

You don't really give enough information here. 

That said, you mention doing a masters degree "again", leading me to think this would be your second MS?

If so, it's generally a bad idea to do more than one MS, except in specific cases. Why are you thinking you should do a second MS instead of going for a PhD? What are your goals?

hey,

i completed my masters in biomedical genetics. i am interested in pursuing in genetic counselling. the drawback is i do not have a background in psychology which is one of the criteria to enter into this course. so i am confused whether i will be able to enter into the program or not. my university choices are mainly in canada and australia. 

other than genetic counselling, can you suggest any other ms programs mainly in cell and mol bio line.

PhD with scholarship is tough to get into so that is why am looking at second option. 

• 4 months later...

You only need 1-2 Psychology courses to go into Genetic Counseling - these could be easily taken online.  The MSc programs generally are happy with you having a unique background as long as you complete the prereqs on their website: often that's 1 biochemistry, 1-2 psychs, 1 embryology, 1 statistics, and advocacy experience/any experience you can possibly get with a genetic counselor, even if that's a 1 time shadow day or an interview to better familiarize yourself with the profession.

• 2 weeks later...