European Uni

Divyansh Pal

Hi,

Can anyone expound on opportunities for Masters in Control Systems in Europe.

I am basically looking at following- ETHZ, EPFL (both switzerland), TU Delft, TU Eidenhoven (both Netherlands)

Germany doesnt offer English language Master in Control system or automation. Can someone tell if there is any godd german uni offering master in specified field in english language.

Highly interested in going to Europe.

My profile-

Bachelors- Instrumentation and Control- 75.6%, First Class with distinction from Delhi University

among top 10% of batch

no publication, 2 projects

i internship in aerospace sector- worked on control systems

B TEch Project also on non linear control

1.5 years of work experience in petrochemical industry- instrumentation department

GRE-327 [q-167, V-160, AWA-3.5]

TOEFL- expecting 110-115

LOR's from Prof's and internship company also.

I have a list of US uni also, if someone can comment on them too- UCB, UMICH, UIUC, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, UTEXAS, GATECH, TAMU, UTA, UPENN, USC, PURDUE

Divyansh

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, it's Eindhoven and not Eidenhoven.

It's a really good university. Since you go there as a student, you must not look too much at the different academic rankings. First, as holds for all Dutch universities, even leading Dutch companies such as ASML do not care if you got your masters degree in Delft or Eindhoven since the difference in education level is negligible.  Education-wise, Eindhoven has been ranked as the best engineering university in the Netherlands for many years in a row.

The population tends to be different in comparison with Delft. Delft is more corporal, more "we are the best". Greek life is an important part of student life there, which is much less the case in Eindhoven. Eindhoven is also the engineering region of the Netherlands, which might be an advantage. 

Disadvantages? First, it's an ugly city. It really is! You do have an expat community, but making friends with Dutch people will be difficult. Also, it's not an easy city for dating life due to the high percentage of males. Despite being ugly, it is a very practical and liveable city with enough fun things to do. 

Delft is a typical Dutch city, looks really nice and located in the Randstad and therefore closer to most of the interesting Dutch cities. It is also a male dominated city, however Utrecht is close which is a female dominated city. Probably same issues with Dutch people, but also in Delft you have a good expat community, probably even better.

I have been living in or near Eindhoven for most of my life, it is a great place and for a working engineer in the Netherlands THE place to be. But in your situation other factors might be more important.