Mankato, MN

ChasingMavericks

Great! What can you tell me about the area? Do you like living there? Do you go to Minnesota State? What is the area like? Friendly? Neighborly? 

Any rundown of the town would be great! And if you do happen to go to MSU then I would love to hear about your experience there.

I am a student in MSU. I am majoring in Biotechnology and Microbiology. I don't spend much time outside. This town is quite small; however, i love this school. People are overall nice. If you want more details about anything, just let me know. 

What do you love about the school? I've lived in many small towns, some even smaller than Mankato so it actually seems like a nice number :) I would just love to be back in a community that is friendly and easy-going. It looks like it's pretty close to Minneapolis, is MSP the closest airport? Just any details you can elaborate on about the town, people, MSU, etc. I want all the information I can get. If I end up getting accepted then I'm going to be sure to make a visit. 

I lived in MN for a majority of my life in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Mankato is not considered close to Minneapolis/St. Paul. It's about 2 hours south on the way to Iowa. It is definitely small town/farm/rural country culture. I don't know much about the school other than my friends who went there. Undergrad is known as a party school.