Profile Evaluation for MS Operations Research Fall 2016

sanmks

Hi

My complete profile is as follows:

UG : 74.3% (Topper 81%) (Intrumentation & Control Engineering, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, University Of Delhi)

GRE: 327 (Q-170, V-157, AWA-4)

TOEFL- 107 (R-28, L-30, S-23, W-26)

Work Experience: 2 Years ( Instrumentation (Operations & Maintenance) engineer at Indraprastha Gas Limited) 
Responsibilities include: Gas reconciliation, optimizing spares and inventory expenses, execution of safety & statutory compliances and MIS generation 

Bachelor Thesis Project: Performance enhancement of an accelerometer using Intelligent Techniques 
- Mathematical modeling followed by simulation of capacitive MEMS accelerometer 
- Comparative study of performance parameters like linear range, sensitivity and ITAE (Integral of the Time-weighted Absolute Error) in open loop, closed loop with PID (tuned using Ziegler Nichols), closed loop with PID (tuned using Genetic Algorithm) and closed loop Fuzzy PI + Fuzzy PD (tuned using Genetic Algorithm) modes. 

Merit Scholarship for all 4 years of BE at NSIT, University of Delhi 

Internships: 
1. NTPC: 1 month internship at a Thermal Power Plant 
2. GAIL: 2 months internship on Turbine & Orifice Flowmeter (based on AGA reports) 
3. BHEL: 2 months internship on speed, current and voltage sensors used in Rotating machines.

LORs: One from Professor with which I did my Bachelor Thesis Project (ICE, NSIT), One from Chief Manager,GAIL (Summer Internship) & the last from Additional Manager (Supervisor) at IGL.

What are my chances of getting a seat in MS in IE with a specialization in Operations Research in the following Universities:

1. Cornell University (M Eng. OR)
2. Georgiatech (MSOR)
3. Texas A&M University (MS/M Eng IE)
4. University of Texas, Austin (MS OR)
5. University of Wisconsin, Madison (MS IE)
6. North Carolina State University (MOR/MSOR)

Regards
Sanmks

Hi,

I'm too applying for FALL 2016 for MS in CS. Your overall profile looks great. 

Admission into universities depends on other factors such as SOP and LORs. Try to put your best in drafting out a good SOP and make sure the LORs are good too. These two things can make or break your admit. One more major point is that Universities mostly look for Academic and Research capabilities. Though Work Experience is an added advantage, it is the academics that are far more vital.

I'm from CS background, so not so perfect candidate to evaluate your profile. But, I strongly feel that you have a fair chance at all these TOP universities. Just make sure you apply to one or two SAFE universities as well. 

All the best

Nikhil