What scores to send?

JISNEGRO

Hi all,

I am an international applicant and recently I took the GRE for the third time.

I plan to apply to MS programs in Computer Science. I know the competition is stiff among applicants and it is expected to have a high quantitative score ( +90th percentile).  My scores are far from optimal, but I do not think re-taking the test would be worth it. The last two scores are practically the same and the whole process of taking the test is very taxing.

These are the results :

1.  VR: 154   QR: 156   (310)   AW: 3.0
  2.  VR: 157   QR: 160   (317)   AW: 4.0
  3.  VR: 155   QR: 161   (316)   AW: 4.0

So the question is, what scores should I send? should I send the scores with 161 in QR (80th percentile) but a lower overall score? or should I opt for the third one which is more balanced? 

Hi JISNEGRO,

Your last two GRE scores are so similar that they're essentially the same 'performance' (+- a couple of correct answers). This means that you're consistent in the things that you do correctly and consistent in the general mistakes that you make. Since the GRE is a predictable, standardized Test, you CAN train to score at a higher level though.

1) How long did you study before each of your attempts?

2) What resources did you use during your studies?

3) When are you planning to apply to Grad School?

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

Hi all,

I am an international applicant and recently I took the GRE for the third time.

I plan to apply to MS programs in Computer Science. I know the competition is stiff among applicants and it is expected to have a high quantitative score ( +90th percentile).  My scores are far from optimal, but I do not think re-taking the test would be worth it. The last two scores are practically the same and the whole process of taking the test is very taxing.

These are the results :

1.  VR: 154   QR: 156   (310)   AW: 3.0
  2.  VR: 157   QR: 160   (317)   AW: 4.0
  3.  VR: 155   QR: 161   (316)   AW: 4.0

So the question is, what scores should I send? should I send the scores with 161 in QR (80th percentile) but a lower overall score? or should I opt for the third one which is more balanced? 

I say send the one  with the 161 Q because it is more likely to be looked on favorably (the difference between being in the 78th and 80th percentile is more significant that having a 317 over a 316 in my opinion.

Good luck!