Should I include grade in my CV?

ArchieLi

I think professors tend to be very lazy when it comes to these sorts of things, and having all your relevant information in one compact document is very useful. Especially for your LOR writers, not just adcoms people. If it's below 3.0, don't list it. If it's below 3.3 or 3.4, maybe don't list it.

^Er...I would disagree with that.

If you wanted to make a special version of your CV for your LOR writers with your GPA on the CV, that's one thing and easy enough to do. But when you apply to programs you will apply with your transcript and your GPA will be in there. If professors in the program really think it's so important as to consider them together, they will staple them or something. But putting a GPA on the CV is a bit outside professional norms and I'd personally be more concerned about the mindset of someone who did so rather than the actual GPA itself - particularly since after a certain point (around a 3.5ish I would say) GPA wouldn't even really matter to me anymore wrt PhD admissions.

• 2 weeks later...

^Er...I would disagree with that.

If you wanted to make a special version of your CV for your LOR writers with your GPA on the CV, that's one thing and easy enough to do. But when you apply to programs you will apply with your transcript and your GPA will be in there. If professors in the program really think it's so important as to consider them together, they will staple them or something. But putting a GPA on the CV is a bit outside professional norms and I'd personally be more concerned about the mindset of someone who did so rather than the actual GPA itself - particularly since after a certain point (around a 3.5ish I would say) GPA wouldn't even really matter to me anymore wrt PhD admissions.

Sounds like something someone working in industry would say.