MSW Fall 2016 California

lilly492

I'm in the process of applying to a few MSW programs and wanted to start a discussion! I'm hoping to go to San Jose State for their MSW program so if anyone is applying or has already been through the application process and has advice, that would be great!

I am mainly nervous about how competitive it will be...

Other schools I am applying to are CSU Long Beach for the MS in Counseling program and CSU East Bay for MSW :)

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2015 at 0:12 AM, lilly492 said:

I'm in the process of applying to a few MSW programs and wanted to start a discussion! I'm hoping to go to San Jose State for their MSW program so if anyone is applying or has already been through the application process and has advice, that would be great!

I am mainly nervous about how competitive it will be...

Other schools I am applying to are CSU Long Beach for the MS in Counseling program and CSU East Bay for MSW :)

Hi lilly492, I have just submitted my application to SJSU's MSW program.  Feeling extremely nervous.  I am only applying to one more school (not sent yet). I see your post is from Oct.  HAve you submitted your application yet.  Yes I have heard it is very competitive - I believe perhaps 25% of applicants get chosen.  Not sure how many spots they have this year?  Do you?

I am new to this forum so still trying to figure out how to move around and find others who have applied.

Hi there,

I also submitted my app last week, let the waiting game begin. I'm hoping more ppl join the discussion because I'm also curious to know how many slots are available...

I am definitely nervous! 

Hi guys! Haven't checked this forum in a while, but I submitted my items early January and my letter writers submitted these past 2 weeks. I did call Tabia to confirm everything was in since the due date is today. I'll switch over to the new top that was started.