When to submit GRE scores?

mcchase

I am applying to a few MSW programs for next fall. Some schools are not requiring the GRE. However, due to one bad semester on my transcript (family issues that lead to lowered grades) my overall GPA is a 2.99. Since some schools say the minimum for applying is 3.0, would it be helpful to submit GRE scores when they are not required? My scores are 159 V (81%) and 155 (60%) Q. I also do have three past years of intense clinical experience at a mental health facility for teenagers being a Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills trainer. Any advice is helpful :)

I recommend contacting the admissions office of the schools you're applying to. State that you read that GRE scores are not required, but ask if they will accept your scores as supplementary application materials. 

You can start sending your scores to schools right now if you wanted, but I would double-check with admissions to be on the look-out for them, since they already state that the GRE is not required. 

• 2 months later...