MA/MSc in Europe (LSE, SOAS, IHEID...)

unagi

Well, about the "completion": Iam working on that ;) I will hopefully be able to hand in my thesis until the programme starts. (8months to go). My topic is the reform of the audit market in the european union. There are certain regulatory measures that I try to evaluate in a legal context. To be able to do that, I have to consult quite a bit of economic research on the subject of audit regulation. Its really fascinating :)

In the general business press (FT, Economist), there is not much coverage on reform of EU audit sector. Industry magazines such as Accountancy Age cover it a bit, but it is more audit firms friendly blurb. I have not kept up with peer reviewed journals. So are changes for reforms driven by any Brussels specific directorate? With consolidation into Big4 firms, there is not really much competition. Hope you can wrap up your thesis, pass viva and get it published.