Electrical/Computer Engineering admission results?

durlov

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found my way to the results section too. Not sure if not hearing from them is a good sign or not at this point.

I don't see how it could be a good thing, but lets wait and watch.

The open house for admitted students is frm Mar 2-3rd. To make travel arrangements possible, they should have some kind of a final list up by this week at the latest. Certainly not a good thing to not hear from them.

Good luck

I don't see how it could be a good thing, but lets wait and watch.

The open house for admitted students is frm Mar 2-3rd. To make travel arrangements possible, they should have some kind of a final list up by this week at the latest. Certainly not a good thing to not hear from them.

Good luck

That is, unless of course, you know of anyone who has already been rejected too

Last time I called up the office, they told me I'd hear from them by the end of Feb. And one of the professors I talked to said to check with the office last week of Feb. So far, don't know of anyone that got a rejection letter already.

I'm waiting too. I applied to 6 schools and haven't heard back from any of them. I am starting to get really anxious, and a little nervous now also now that I see some people are getting notified. Good luck to everyone. As madmax pointed out, nobody has posted any rejections though, so I suppose that I can breathe a little easier... for now....

I'm waiting too. I applied to 6 schools and haven't heard back from any of them. I am starting to get really anxious, and a little nervous now also now that I see some people are getting notified. Good luck to everyone. As madmax pointed out, nobody has posted any rejections though, so I suppose that I can breathe a little easier... for now....

Not quite :?

Since no one has had a rejection yet, all we know for now is that some people were accepted and unfortunately this means, we can't rule out the possibility of ourselves being in the rejection pile.

I am very happy that you have started this discussion guys, at least I know now that I am not the only guy who is waiting for these schools,

I have applied for a PhD in EE in the 10 top universities in the US.

I am afraid that not hearing back from MIT and Berkeley during this week means a rejection (I truly hope that I am wrong :( ).

But from the trend of last year results, MIT and Berkeley send admits during the first period and then sends the rejects.

Anyway, I suggest that we keep this thread alive in order to cheer up each other :cry:

I heard some good news that might put all the EE/ECE hopefuls out there to ease about the MIT admissions. Apparently the MIT EECS admits that we are seeing on the results board are CS admits and not EE. I can't confirm this for sure, but at least it is a glimmer of hope (although it doesn't rule out the possibility of us being in the reject pile already).

I heard some good news that might put all the EE/ECE hopefuls out there to ease about the MIT admissions. Apparently the MIT EECS admits that we are seeing on the results board are CS admits and not EE. I can't confirm this for sure, but at least it is a glimmer of hope (although it doesn't rule out the possibility of us being in the reject pile already).

Thats sounds possible. But note that the MIT open housefor EE(not CS) is on Mar 2nd. And the admitted students are supposed to RSVP whether they are going to attend latest before Wed, Feb 21st!

So, assuming that they will want to give at least give a couple of days notice, it sounds very likely that the admittees will/have been notified in some way by the end of this week :oops:

Look at http://www.eecs.mit.edu/admittees/

Okay, not to be too analytical, but let's look at the situation... The one person who posted that they were admitted by MIT, Berkeley, and Stanford was admitted for CS (there has been no Stanford EE acceptances or rejections posted, and this person is obviously posting his/her results). This leads me to believe that the other 1 or 2 MIT admissions were probably also CS because they were posted at approximately the same time. This would confirm my earlier statement that the EECS acceptances were probably CS in reality.

Next, we probably aren't the only people on this site who are interested in the EE program at MIT (and even though we are nervous, there will probably be at least one of us that gets accepted - I imagine that most of the students reading this are of pretty high caliber). We will probably see more than the 1 or 2 scattered responses when the bulk of the acceptances/rejections go out. Additionally, I don't think that we should focus on that date of the 21st too much (although it does seem like a good indicator), because the page was probably created by the person who has their hands in the organizing of the open house and not the people who are making the real decisions about admissions. I am sure that there will be several admissions on or after the 21st, and they will just have to make travel arrangements as soon as they can.

I know that this may sound optimistic, but I think that we shouldn't start losing too much sleep... At least not until the date of the open house starts to get REALLY close.

exp_jw, you should really keep your replies flowing... personally, i could use all the optimism i can get at this point! :)

but we should also keep in mind though, if there were 3-4 acceptances on our forum - that means there's quite likely a ton of other acceptances outside our group. so we may not necessarily hear a whole lot more noise on this.

Okay, not to be too analytical, but let's look at the situation... The one person who posted that they were admitted by MIT, Berkeley, and Stanford was admitted for CS (there has been no Stanford EE acceptances or rejections posted, and this person is obviously posting his/her results). This leads me to believe that the other 1 or 2 MIT admissions were probably also CS because they were posted at approximately the same time. This would confirm my earlier statement that the EECS acceptances were probably CS in reality.

Next, we probably aren't the only people on this site who are interested in the EE program at MIT (and even though we are nervous, there will probably be at least one of us that gets accepted - I imagine that most of the students reading this are of pretty high caliber). We will probably see more than the 1 or 2 scattered responses when the bulk of the acceptances/rejections go out. Additionally, I don't think that we should focus on that date of the 21st too much (although it does seem like a good indicator), because the page was probably created by the person who has their hands in the organizing of the open house and not the people who are making the real decisions about admissions. I am sure that there will be several admissions on or after the 21st, and they will just have to make travel arrangements as soon as they can.

I know that this may sound optimistic, but I think that we shouldn't start losing too much sleep... At least not until the date of the open house starts to get REALLY close.

Well said, e^jw. I agree with most of what you said. And I really would like to believe that at least one of us would have made it through if a bulk of the acceptances were sent out. One point though, is that the percentage of people who use this site among those accepted may not be too high. So, if we see 2 or 3 posted/projected on this website, the true estimate could be more like 20 or 30. And we shouldnt discount the possibility that the 2 or 3 posted there could be trolls in the first place :twisted: I wish I could bloody ignore all this and just be coooooool like wateva :roll:

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm some stuff for you guys. I'm not the person who said they'd been admitted to a bunch of places, but I got admitted to MIT, Cornell, and Berkeley EECS, and my results are on the results board. I, for one, applied in CS, not EE...I don't know if EE admits went out as well, but it's possible that they didn't. Don't get too stressed, by the way: when I saw the first day of Berkeley admits posted and I wasn't one of them, I was sure that I hadn't been admitted, but then I got an acceptance email from them earlier today.

Good luck to all of you!

I had no idea that Cornell also sent out their decisions. At least it's for CS.

I also noticed that on the results board there is someone who got admitted to Electrical Engineering department. While there are 3 posts mentioning just EECS, there is this one post specifically mentioning EE.

I am contemplating the thought of calling the graduate admission office to ask about my status. I am not convinced about calling, but considering that Monday is President's day, it's likely that I'll know something today.

Veganjosh, Congratulations on your super admits!! and thank you very much for clarifying the situation.

Guys may be we have some chance left after all :?

Also from the results section of last year someone said that he got an acceptance in MIT in March !! I don't know if it's a mistake or if he was waitlisted or something like that.

Veganjosh, Congratulations on your super admits!! and thank you very much for clarifying the situation.

Guys may be we have some chance left after all :?

Also from the results section of last year someone said that he got an acceptance in MIT in March !! I don't know if it's a mistake or if he was waitlisted or something like that.

obviously, its not true that we dont have a chance. Atleast, not with so many hours of today still left :P Good luck to everyone, and congrats to joshvegan!