MSW Fall 2016 CSULB, CSULA, CSUDH, CSUF, USC

ginabina

33 minutes ago, ginabina said:

I first submitted transcripts in October when I applied to the university. I submitted a second set of transcripts around the first week of January once my final grades were submitted. On the GET website it says my CSULA application is complete but I believe that is referring to the application to get into CSULA, not related to the MSW program. I submitted all my transcripts electronically. 

Thanks for the information! I mailed in my transcripts to them on January 4th and they arrived the 5th. They however seem to have somehow been lost so they had me submit new transcripts to them on February 5 but those still have not been processed. I E-mailed them so hopefully ill hear back from them soon, it has been a giant headache trying to get this sorted out. Good luck to you though! Hopefully we hear back from them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just wanted to let folks know I got my acceptance letter from Cal State Los Angeles in the mail today. The letter timestamp was February 25th. I mailed in the supplementary application on January 11th. I have until March 14th to accept or decline. People should start hearing back soon. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Elephantoverthemoon

15 minutes ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

I haven't received any decisions yet from the 4 schools I applied to. Should I be worried or is it normal considering my submission date? 

I wouldn't be to worried! I applied to CSULB, CSULA and CSUF and haven't heard back from any other. Good luck!

23 minutes ago, MollyKate said:

CSUF is emailing out interview dates now! :)

That's so nerve wrecking! How do you know they are sending out emails now? I submitted my application on 1/28/16 to CSUF but haven't received anything :/ 

Could you also please post your stats if you dont mind!

Edited by redtaz

Hey all! I got a provisional acceptance to Cal State La's MSW program on Feb 7th. I submitted my packet to them on Dec 4. They mailed me paper work to fax back to them that included a Letter of Intent and Statement of Commitment to the program. Additionally, I had to submit the field placement paper work to one of their offices which I did on Feb 26th. My acceptance was provisional because they needed to see my grades from last semester, which was my last semester of undergrad.

Finally, I received an acceptance email from Cal State LA's MSW program this morning at 5am! My GPA is a 3.82.

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA! Good luck everyone.

I applied to a bunch of Cal State schools plus LLU and USC.  I had an interview at CSUN and expect to hear by mid March.  I have an interview at LLU in April.  I've been accepted at San Marcos, USC and CSLA.  Waiting to hear from SFSU, SDSU, SJSU, CSUB, Sacramento, and Chico.  Chico says they will send out responses by end of March. Likely won't accept USC because of the fees.

GPA 3.2, GRE writing 3.5. 

Hi MSWinmyfuture - I can't remember when I submitted them all, but the Cal States were between Nov-Dec and LLU and USC were the last (likely January). My references took forever from one person, so given that, I must have heard back from USC pretty quickly after the references were in.  I also just got an email from SDSU today asking if I was interested in their online program. Not sure if that means that they are not offering me the in-person choice.  I don't want to do online.

Good luck everyone, and how do you do the tags at the bottom?  Thanks!

On 3/2/2016 at 10:57 AM, redtaz said:

That's so nerve wrecking! How do you know they are sending out emails now? I submitted my application on 1/28/16 to CSUF but haven't received anything :/ 

Hey! I know your question was to MollyKate but thought I'd chime in since I also applied to CSUF. I submitted my application on 2/1 and received an email invite for an interview like 3 weeks later. Not sure if it's in this thread or another thread for CSUF but someone mentioned that they send out emails in stages/batches according to your application ranking. The email confirmation I received after submitting my application said all decisions would be made by May so it makes sense that they're starting to or already sent out emails for interviews in March/April since they have to make a decision by may.

On 3/4/2016 at 4:05 PM, arnoldgold said:

anyone received any acceptance emails or letters from CSUF? If yes, then when was your interview? Im just trying to figure out how long it takes for them to make a decision.

Received an email for an interview 3 weeks after I submitted my application like 4 minutes before the deadline...I was really pushing my luck on that one! So glad there wasn't any computer or internet glitch! My interview is in 2 weeks and I'm extremely nervous and horrified! I am terrible at interviewing, especially if it's more than 1 person interviewing me. I get nervous and flustered and then start rambling on....I was actually really surprised that they had emailed me so quick as I submitted my application on the deadline day to CSULB  and just recently heard from them that they received my application...

Edited by dancingsoybeans

They are very pleasant during the interview. Just make sure you have a solid answer for "why do you want to pursue social work," dress professionally and you should be fine. Also have some questions to ask. My interview was 15 minutes because i did not generate a list of questions to ask, which im regretting. I did inform them that their student handbook and the website were very comprehensive which explained my lack of questions.   I also become extremely flustered during interview , but i like to think the interviewers see that nervousness as relating to the current situation and not incompetence. 

14 hours ago, arnoldgold said:

They are very pleasant during the interview. Just make sure you have a solid answer for "why do you want to pursue social work," dress professionally and you should be fine. Also have some questions to ask. My interview was 15 minutes because i did not generate a list of questions to ask, which im regretting. I did inform them that their student handbook and the website were very comprehensive which explained my lack of questions.   I also become extremely flustered during interview , but i like to think the interviewers see that nervousness as relating to the current situation and not incompetence. 

So you've already had your interview? If you don't mind me asking, what sort of questions did they ask you and how many? Did they let you know if you're accepted or do you have to wait until May? I've been practicing for the interview but get so nervous I forget eveyrthing.

yes i had my interview on 3/1/16. They asked me about my decision to pursue graduate studies in social work and then asked me which population i would have a hard time working with and why. For my interview it was mostly them giving me an idea of what to expect with the course work, the required internships( field placements), and making me aware of the trainings that would be conducted in August. Pretty much telling me I would need to be available during that month.  They did not offer me an acceptance during the interview. I am still waiting for an email so as of now i am unsure about my status.

Edited by arnoldgold

Does anybody know is CSUF accepts individuals without asking for an interview or is it pretty safe to assume that if you haven't received an email to set-up an interview by now you probably didn't get in?

Last year they accepted people without interviews. I read about it on the CSUF thread for Fall 2015 admission. I believe they were accepted mid-March. 

What are your stats?

Edited by Adpres

37 minutes ago, redtaz said:

Does anybody know is CSUF accepts individuals without asking for an interview or is it pretty safe to assume that if you haven't received an email to set-up an interview by now you probably didn't get in?

You and I are on the same boat but I haven't lost hope, redtaz! I think this is going to be our week. 

Just got provisional acceptance to CSULA pending verification of my GPA! Still waiting on CSULB & CSUF however.

4 hours ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

You and I are on the same boat but I haven't lost hope, redtaz! I think this is going to be our week. 

I hope so!

On 3/2/2016 at 10:57 AM, redtaz said:

I applied 1/30! They emailed me on 3/2 and set up the interview for 3/22. I graduated from UCLA in 2015 with a 3.72, but only a year of applicable experience. I am nervous for the interview! I am so grateful to everyone who is posting what questions they were asked! I wouldn't worry about not hearing back yet -- from reading last year's thread, people were accepted well into April. :) 

Edited by MollyKate

Has anyone heard from CSULA, CSUDH, or CSULB within the last week or two? I received a random email from CSULA about housing but no other emails from them.  

19 minutes ago, ginabina said:

Has anyone heard from CSULA, CSUDH, or CSULB within the last week or two? I received a random email from CSULA about housing but no other emails from them.  

Got my acceptance from CSULA, last Monday via regular mail. Before that though I had gotten no e-mails from them. Looks like all their acceptances are being done via mail and the only thing being done via email (1-2 weeks after your mail acceptance in the program) is your acceptance to the school but not until after you receive your acceptance to the program.

Hi everyone.

I new in this forum. I have some questions that maybe you can help me with them.

I want to apply for master in electrical engineering program in CSULB CSUN CSUF SCULA. I have some questions that maybe you can help me with them. 

1- where exactly can I find step by step application process? I have surfed their website but I could not find anything useful. 

2-How should I send Letters of recommendations? Do they receive it online or I have to send hard copy of them?

thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

35 minutes ago, Poriya said:

Hi everyone.

I new in this forum. I have some questions that maybe you can help me with them.

I want to apply for master in electrical engineering program in CSULB CSUN CSUF SCULA. I have some questions that maybe you can help me with them. 

1- where exactly can I find step by step application process? I have surfed their website but I could not find anything useful. 

2-How should I send Letters of recommendations? Do they receive it online or I have to send hard copy of them?

thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Hi there,

This forum is mostly used by those of us applying to MSW programs so you might have better luck here.

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/32-engineering/

I think your best bet is to email or call each school and ask them about the application process. Each school is different, and even within the school each department will have different procedures.

Here is the link for CSULB. It seems like you need to look at the forms on the right side in the yellow box.

http://web.csulb.edu/colleges/coe/ee/views/programs/grad/ms_ee.shtml

CSULA

http://www.calstatela.edu/ecst/ece/admission-0