MSW Fall 2016 CSULB, CSULA, CSUDH, CSUF, USC

ginabina

4 minutes ago, ginabina said:

Congrats! When did you submit your application to CSUDH?

Thank you! I submitted my application pretty close to the deadline..I think 3 or 4 days before. I received the email that they had received all my materials on February 4th

1 minute ago, rilotta said:

Thank you! I submitted my application pretty close to the deadline..I think 3 or 4 days before. I received the email that they had received all my materials on February 4th

I hope that means I'll be hearing from them soon. I submitted my application on 1/13, but my final letter wasn't turned in til the day before applications were due. I received a confirmation email the same day. 

Just now, ginabina said:

I hope that means I'll be hearing from them soon. I submitted my application on 1/13, but my final letter wasn't turned in til the day before applications were due. I received a confirmation email the same day. 

Hopefully you do! Fingers crossed.  Long Beach is my first choice, so I'm still really hoping for them to email soon. I haven't heard/met anyone else that applied to DH, so I'm not sure about their timeline or how many people applied vs how many they will accept

Has anyone applying to CSULA for the 2 year program heard any updates? I submitted my application in January and still haven't heard a word from them. 

Just received provisional acceptance into CSULAs 1 year advanced standing program today. Very excited! It's gonna be at the new DTLA location that the school has. These apps were due back in December of last year. I was also accepted to CSUDH and CSULB waitlisted me. The one year program was my first choice so I will definitely be attending there!

1 hour ago, SekaiDenise said:

Just received provisional acceptance into CSULAs 1 year advanced standing program today. Very excited! It's gonna be at the new DTLA location that the school has. These apps were due back in December of last year. I was also accepted to CSUDH and CSULB waitlisted me. The one year program was my first choice so I will definitely be attending there!

Congrats! That's great. 

Just in case anyone is interested, I had my interview with CSUF on 4/7 and my portal showed that I have been accepted today although I haven't received a formal email yet. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

Also, who else will be attending CSUF in the fall for the 2-year program?

13 minutes ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

Just in case anyone is interested, I had my interview with CSUF on 4/7 and my portal showed that I have been accepted today although I haven't received a formal email yet. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

Also, who else will be attending CSUF in the fall for the 2-year program?

Congrats!!!  May I ask what your gpa/experience and background is?

I still havent heard anything back and its been weeks!!

Edited by Bobatime2002

I applied to 3 year programs to CSULA and CSUSB (which I got rejected from) and I'm still waiting to hear from CSUDH, I also applied to USC's online program. The wait is drivng me crazy!

there was an error on my CSUDH where one of my reference letters wasant submitted. Long story short, i was able to submit the missing document a month after the deadline and have been waiting for about a month to hear from them. Are 3 years hard to get into?

im beginning to lose hope. I guess if this year doesnt work out then ill reapply to 2 years for next year. :/

6 hours ago, Bobatime2002 said:

Congrats!!!  May I ask what your gpa/experience and background is?

I still havent heard anything back and its been weeks!!

Sure. 3.5 GPA with 6 months internship experience with older adults. 

My references were from a professor from my university, program director and head social worker at my internship site. 

Hope it helps. Sending good vibes your way :)

On 1/10/2016 at 0:14 PM, ginabina said:

Deez - How do you like the program at CSUDH? How are the professors? Field placements? 

Apologies for the late response, it's a lot going on with classes and work. I'll be finishing up my first year in May so I'm extra excited about that. I like the program and the CRT(Critical Race Theory, it will be your best friend throughout the entire program!!!) curriculum. The program has its professors you'll love, hate and love-hate at the same time. I find the one's that most do not like to be the best professors. There are a lot of field placement choices in all the specialization areas: CYF, CMH, or CCB. If you plan to work with children I recommend you get placed at a school your first year so you can stack up on PPSC hours for school social work (trust it'll save you time in the end and during your career as a social worker).

Have you heard back from any program? I know the later you turn in your complete application is when they time stamp your applications. And there were also late addition to the program, like a week before classes started.

Hey everyone, I am waiting to hear back from CSUF but was wondering if other people have been asked to send in their Final College Transcripts. This request is currently on my To Do List on Titan Online. I am worried that I will have to wait until May 15th or later to get an answer because that is when my final grades will be available.

10 hours ago, SARAIM1 said:

APPLIED TO CSULB, CSUF, AND CSUSB MSW PROG.

HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO CSUSB

HAVE MY INTERVIEW WITH CSUF APRIL 22

STILL WAITING FOR CSULB :wacko: WHICH WAS MY FIRST CHOICE. 

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM CSULB? 

Congrats on your acceptance to CSUSB I also was accepted there!

8 hours ago, dpkgg3 said:

Hey everyone, I am waiting to hear back from CSUF but was wondering if other people have been asked to send in their Final College Transcripts. This request is currently on my To Do List on Titan Online. I am worried that I will have to wait until May 15th or later to get an answer because that is when my final grades will be available.

The final college transcripts only shows because I'm assuming you're still in your undergrad. They will send you a decision without it. Mine said the same thing and I received my acceptance. I just need to send in my transcripts when my degree is posted before a deadline that's in October. Don't worry :)

1 hour ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

The final college transcripts only shows because I'm assuming you're still in your undergrad. They will send you a decision without it. Mine said the same thing and I received my acceptance. I just need to send in my transcripts when my degree is posted before a deadline that's in October. Don't worry :)

Thanks MSWinmyfuture. I just found this site last night and its great to see when others get accepted into the program. Congrats on the acceptance, hopefully I can hear back from them soon. I am starting to have doubts since most people seem to be getting interviews already. I will stay positive though, everything happens for a reason :) 

11 hours ago, Yesi849 said:

I applied to CSULB and no news yet. :wacko: Has anyone received anything from them?

Hi - I too applied to LB but have not heard anything yet.

I got accepted into the 2yr program at CSUN on 4/6.

On April 13, 2016 at 10:43 AM, rilotta said:

Hopefully you do! Fingers crossed.  Long Beach is my first choice, so I'm still really hoping for them to email soon. I haven't heard/met anyone else that applied to DH, so I'm not sure about their timeline or how many people applied vs how many they will accept

Hi - I'm still waiting too which may a good sign, right?!?!

I was accepted to CSUDH last week (4/14). l got my letter on Monday and I turned in my letter of intent yesterday! Such a relief that the waiting period is over!

Edited by ivan8806

2 hours ago, ivan8806 said:

I was accepted to CSUDH last week (4/14). l got my letter on Monday and I turned in my letter of intent yesterday! Such a relief that the waiting period is over!

Looks like we will be in the program together :)