2016 Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering Applicant Stats and Responses

ahlamqerqez

1 hour ago, pterosaur said:

Aaaaaagh. Just submitted my last application and screwed up the BioE/BME thing. It's where I did my undergrad, it's sort of my backup, and I'm pretty sure I'll get in. Do you think it's worth doing anything about?

I hope not! I think they'll forgive you, especially since it's your undergrad school. If you're super worried about it, you could email the admissions office and ask if they could update your SOP with a corrected one. I did that for my two most grievous errors (e.g., mixing up the department in the header and multiple times in the SOP). The three that I left uncorrected are ones were I said essentially "I want to get a PhD in biomedical engineering" and their programs were bioengineering, or vice versa. I'm really hoping they just overlook that part. 

12 minutes ago, pali123 said:

No they usually release invites I think around 1/21 as it can be seen from previous years

Thank you so much! At 2015, it was around 1/21 and at 2014 it was around 1/17. So I thought I might be flexible! I am just so anxious about the result. 

16 hours ago, Haiqing said:

Thank you so much! At 2015, it was around 1/21 and at 2014 it was around 1/17. So I thought I might be flexible! I am just so anxious about the result. 

Ahh I'm anxious too lol! My heart throbbing over here thinking about Stanford haha

1 hour ago, pali123 said:

Ahh I'm anxious too lol! My heart throbbing over here thinking about Stanford haha

You are also applying for 2016 Fall? not 2017 Fall?

Yes, I just want to know the result from Stanford as soon as possible..Even if it is not good, I can arrange my interview for MIT at 2.29. Cause last year Stanford's interview was at 2.26-28. I worry about the conflicts between them.

On 14/1/2016 at 7:46 PM, Haiqing said:

One question, mate! Does your application, by any chance, still appears as incomplete due to the lack of the official transcript? I sent mine since november, but it seems they haven't received it yet...

I have a strong delivery proof b/c the package was signed for by their administrative assistant, but they refuse to answer questions related to status of documents <_<

10 hours ago, sanfonts said:

One question, mate! Does your application, by any chance, still appears as incomplete due to the lack of the official transcript? I sent mine since november, but it seems they haven't received it yet...

I have a strong delivery proof b/c the package was signed for by their administrative assistant, but they refuse to answer questions related to status of documents <_<

I'm in the same boat - sent my official transcripts in mid-november, still shows incomplete. Maybe they just didn't bother to update it online

On 1/14/2016 at 2:10 PM, Haiqing said:

You are also applying for 2016 Fall? not 2017 Fall?

Yes, I just want to know the result from Stanford as soon as possible..Even if it is not good, I can arrange my interview for MIT at 2.29. Cause last year Stanford's interview was at 2.26-28. I worry about the conflicts between them.

Yes I am! For those who applied to UCSF/UCBerkeley BioE do you think they only send one wave of interviews? 

On 1/17/2016 at 11:10 PM, sanfonts said:

I think they haven't updated applicants' status.

On 1/17/2016 at 0:10 AM, sanfonts said:

Mine still says incomplete as well (and I did resend an official transcript in early January). Given the number of people who have this issue, it seems reasonable to assume they probably don't update that part of the application if you already submitted unofficial transcripts. I did call the office, and they said that interview invites would go out "late January." Also, the interview weekend will be February 25-26, which does conflict with MIT MEMP (Medical Engineering and Medical Physics). If I get interviews at both (which is a big if), I don't know what I'm going to do.

On 1/18/2016 at 9:40 AM, pali123 said:

Yes I am! For those who applied to UCSF/UCBerkeley BioE do you think they only send one wave of interviews? 

Don't worry. They have another interview time from 3/3-3/4.

17 hours ago, sanfonts said:

No. They will send rejections 2 weeks from now.

Just to make sure, you're saying they are not sending out any more invitations, and not that you don't know? I was seeing they had already sent out some rejections. Thanks!

On 1/30/2016 at 8:56 PM, Drag112 said:

Was anyone else invited to the University of Pittsburgh's graduate recruitment weekend? Does anyone know how many people get to go?

I am not sure how many people were invited but I will be going! Looking forward to seeing the city and meeting the faculty. Since scheduling interviews with faculty is first come first serve, I'm assuming a lot of individuals were invited. It's going to be fun!

1 hour ago, Jelly said:

I am not sure how many people were invited but I will be going! Looking forward to seeing the city and meeting the faculty. Since scheduling interviews with faculty is first come first serve, I'm assuming a lot of individuals were invited. It's going to be fun!

One of my favorite professor told me you could have any faculty member at Pitt or CMU as your PI, so there definitely a lot of options!