Confused over MS or PhD

Savingtehplanet

Need serious help over choosing a Masters or a PhD degree. I have a 8.36/10 from an IIT level college (Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad) in Environmental Engineering and a GRE score of 332 (162-V 170-Q AWA 5.0), TOEFL 118, a research intern under a renowned professor at Aberdeen and some industrial experience in decent places. No research publications but the work which I did in my internship is the stuff I want to do going on forward. I ultimately would like to do a PhD and teach. However I am daunted by the prospect of applying for a PhD straightaway as it would require more than decent research experience and publications. Masters are often not funded and that is an issue. What do I do? Which one is the more realistic option for someone like me?

I don't know your interests or your field so I can't recommend specific places to apply. But, there are definitely some terminal master's programs out there and also others where you can do a master's and opt to continue on to a PhD if you really want to.