Soros 2016-2017

artlesspredilection

I was looking at the Soros last year and some of its recipients' profiles. And they are doing some amazing things. I was thinking about applying but I think I'd just be wasting my time.

What accomplishments/stories are guys focusing on in your applications?

I'm applying too! We'll see how this goes. I'm basically tell them my life story lol. I'm interested in post-conflict state-building and economic development, so I mostly focus on research I've done, internships, and Fulbright stuff. 

@Yanders, I see! Did they provide you with feedback or you figured it out on your own? - This is my first time applying. It feels like a long shot but you never really know unless you apply. I had a Soros fellow review my essays, which helped a lot. 

@deepviszion They did not! It was just one of those things where you look back on what you wrote a month later and are like "dude I barely answered the question" haha. Perhaps they would have provided feedback if I had asked for it though-- I'm not quite sure. It's awesome that you got a fellow to look at your essays! I'm sure that will really payoff. Is this a fellow from your school?

• 1 month later...

I noticed that too, artlesspredilection!  Has anyone heard anything yet?  According to past year's timelines, folks usually receive a phone call with an interview invitation the first week of Jan.  

In their email that they sent saying congrats on applying, they said we'll know by the end of 1/10. So I'm thinking we'll probably know if we're rejected by then for sure, but people who are invited to interview may know slightly earlier.