Chemistry Application Fall 2016

ChemEnthusiast

8 minutes ago, evanescent_wave said:

Yeah, I just ended up keeping two weekends open for the schools I'm still waiting for. MIT is easy to plan around, because their only visit weekend (I believe) is the last weekend in March.

My problem is that the two programs I have outstanding are some of my top choices, and I'm not sure how I would rearrange the current acceptances I have if I got into either of them at this point.

21 minutes ago, evanescent_wave said:

It looks like (best case scenario) you could get 7 schools -- do they not all fit in the 8 weeks of feb/march? Sometimes you can fit multiple visits in to one weekend if they're nearby.

If not, yeah, you're in a tricky spot. 

I've done a little planning, and unless I start cramming multiple visits per weekend and ignoring overlaps, I'm going to start making choices.

6 hours ago, phenol said:

Don't feel bad!  Berkeley is much, much better anyway.

Really?

5 hours ago, gooddogeverywhere said:

Rejections from MIT and Scripps in one hour......

10 minutes for me... ouch

I've gotten into Penn, Penn State, and Purdue, and have been rejected from Michigan and Harvard.  I'm waiting to hear back from ten other schools.  Fortunately, Penn and Penn State are in my personal top five, with Penn being number 1.  Still, I hope the others get back to me soon so I don't end up double booking any visit weekends.

Hello!  Can someone please tell me when the UPenn and UNC Chapel Hill visit weekends are?  I haven't been accepted to either of them yet, but I am making some travel plans for next month and want to leave potential visit weekends open.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, chemistree said:

Hello!  Can someone please tell me when the UPenn and UNC Chapel Hill visit weekends are?  I haven't been accepted to either of them yet, but I am making some travel plans for next month and want to leave potential visit weekends open.  Thank you!

Penn has Feb 26-27

1 hour ago, chemistree said:

UNC has 2. Mar 3-4 and 18-19

On 2/3/2016 at 6:38 PM, dells_of_bittersweet said:

Is it:

A: they took a break from sending rejections

B: a waitlist

C: professors split the evaluations into groups; first group got done first, waiting on second group

D: ??

Well I contacted MIT and they have my GRE scores...so...no holdup there

Waiting isn't fun guys. 

23 minutes ago, dells_of_bittersweet said:

Well I contacted MIT and they have my GRE scores...so...no holdup there

Waiting isn't fun guys. 

Spectacular.  I was hoping I'd get to drag this out for another weekend.

2 minutes ago, phenol said:

Spectacular.  I was hoping I'd get to drag this out for another weekend.

A very naive version of myself once thought that I would have heard back from everybody by the first week in February. 

So far I have 1 acceptance, 2 rejections, and 5 schools have gone incognito. 

1 minute ago, dells_of_bittersweet said:

A very naive version of myself once thought that I would have heard back from everybody by the first week in February. 

So far I have 1 acceptance, 2 rejections, and 5 schools have gone incognito. 

I legitimately have started sleeping 14 hours a day, because time spent sleeping is time not refreshing my email.

Go to bed at 4 AM, wake up at 6 PM.  That way, I only have to check my emails once!

21 hours ago, alinagt said:

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from USC or UCLA for chemistry? Emphasis in materials and nanoscience 

I heard back from USC, with a rejection letter.  If you haven't heard back from them yet I assume you are still in the applicant pool for admission.  I would wait till the end of February before giving them a call about your application status.