Chemistry Application Fall 2016

ChemEnthusiast

3 hours ago, dells_of_bittersweet said:

Well Stanford rejections are out, and I would know, because I got one. 

Pretty much mentally attending UT Austin right now. 

I guess it's only fitting that as a Berkeley student I'd be a Stanford reject.

15 minutes ago, BioChemie said:

Me! Any idea when we should hear back?

Based on past results, I would think we would hear sometime this week.  It's encouraging that no acceptances have been posted, but I feel like it's getting pretty late in the game.

8 minutes ago, Hottotrot said:

I did an interview. Haven't heard anything. 

I was asked to send an updated transcript last Tuesday.  I would think they have to be close to sending out decisions at this point.  

So I called the MIT chemistry graduate department to inquire about my application status.  They confirmed that they are still making offers, and that if you haven't received a rejection email, your application is still under consideration.  They told me that I could expect a response in the next "couple weeks", but also reassured me that if I was accepted I would have time to register for a graduate visit weekend.

Looking at the submissions page, though, it looks like rejection emails might be trickling out again.

18 minutes ago, yuwenxuejian said:

How about Caltech? are they still making offers?

I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope, judging by last year's results, though I also wouldn't expect a rejection email anytime soon.

2 hours ago, phenol said:

So I called the MIT chemistry graduate department to inquire about my application status.  They confirmed that they are still making offers, and that if you haven't received a rejection email, your application is still under consideration.  They told me that I could expect a response in the next "couple weeks", but also reassured me that if I was accepted I would have time to register for a graduate visit weekend.

Looking at the submissions page, though, it looks like rejection emails might be trickling out again.

Interesting to know, tho last year there were no acceptances after they started rejecting people, so you're probably right that there's probably another wave of rejections coming.