Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship

ed2122

9 hours ago, socdecaf33 said:

Thanks for the information! Congrats on being selected!

Thank you.  Were you an alternate?  I wonder when they'll inform alternates about their final decision.

On 5/4/2016 at 7:31 AM, Today12345 said:

Thank you.  Were you an alternate?  I wonder when they'll inform alternates about their final decision.

I was an alternate - I believe the email said that they would only inform alternates if they moved up the list. Here's the wording: "We expect to make such decisions approximately one month from now ... If we do not contact you again, unfortunately we are unable to offer you a fellowship this year." They say that once the award list is finalized, they will post the press release on their website. If it is a no, then I will find out when they post the final list!

• 3 months later...

Hello all! Congrats to everyone who was awarded and the honorable mentions! I have a question for those of you that got awarded this time: 

1) If you applied more than once, what exactly did you change when you applied this time around? 

2) My references are definitely people who know me well and know my work well. But in the feedback one of the reviewers thought the letters were alright but not great - do you have any recommendations on what I should do to change that this time around for the application? 

Any other advice/recommendation/help is much appreciated! Thank you in advance! :) I am a second year school psychology doctoral student, btw.